Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Scientist I
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Standard Schedule – 6 days on / 1 day off
- Provide guidance and advice on Technical, Operational, and Safety, Security, Health and Environmental (SSH&E) aspects of environmental data collection during field operations.
- Act as protected species observer (PSO) during other survey operations
Tasks And Responsibilities
- Responsible for adhering to SSH&E project requirements
- Responsible for oversight of vendors data collection, field processing, interpretation and reporting.
- Responsible for verifying the vendors and their subcontractors adhere to the contract requirements, project plans, and industry standards
- Responsible for communicating Technical, Operational and SSH&E concerns and issues to ExxonMobil office personnel to ensure project proceeds according to Company standards
- Responsible for coordinating work in the field with other operations occurring in the same work area
- Minimum of 5 years field experience; ExxonMobil experience preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills, possess high level of integrity, and willingness to build trust and accountability in inter-personal relationships while working in team setting
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken English
- Must be proficient in current communication mediums and technologies (i.e., Microsoft Office, telecommunications, email, meetings)
- Must be in good physical condition and shall comply with all project health and safety requirements (including any vendor, vessel or country-specific certifications required to work offshore)
- Must comply with requirements per the agreement.
- Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project
- Must have technical skills to monitor and advise on technical aspects of data acquisition, sample preservation, processing, interpretation, classification and reporting; including; logistics, operations, instrumentation, equipment, recording, and positioning
- Must be well versed in SSH&E practices and processes for field operations
- Must be familiar with the sampling and preservation of water column, surficial and near surficial sediments for environmental, geochemical or geological/geotechnical purposes
- Must be trained at observing and identifying marine mammals or in compliance with the most recent Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC) guidelines (or other standards defined for the area of operations).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th September, 2018.