The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Assistant Coordinator – Foundation Programs, NFS
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Foundation Programs, NFS
Summary of Position
- The incumbent will reside in the housing complex with the students and coordinate all aspects of their residence life and activities outside of their residence life
- This position reports directly to the Senior Coordinator of Student Affairs, New Foundation School and also collaborates with other staff of the NFS, AUN, and community members.
- The Assistant Coordinator Student Affairs, New Foundation School (NFS) is charged with the responsibility of assisting the Senior Coordinator of Student Affairs in ensuring the smooth running of the daily operations of the AUN New Foundation School
- These duties shall include assisting with the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of varying levels of activities for the New Foundation School with a view to achieving the vision and mission behind its establishment
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Postgraduate Degree (preferred) from a recognized tertiary institution; plus four years increasingly responsible secondary school/higher education, office support and administrative experience.
- University policies and procedures affecting assigned work.
- Office administration principles and practices.
- Budgeting procedures and financial record keeping
- Skill in English composition, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and political acumen.
- Skill in compiling and presenting statistical information.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Energetic, dynamic personality
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure and to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to represent the NFS in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to receive and follow instruction.
- Ability to run several projects at the same time simultaneously with a high level efficiency.
Description of Benefits
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters (required) and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.The position being applied for should be the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 2nd March, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.