Anchoria Asset Management (AAM) is a subsidiary of VFD Group Limited. The Company is a specialist provider of active investment products and services to institutional and individual investors. We are licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Nigeria.
Our investment products focus on capital preservation while providing income and asset class diversification. We draw on the unique talents, backgrounds, and experiences of our associates to promote a diversified portfolio for our clients. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Team Lead
Department: Anchoria Asset Management Finance
Reporting Relationships – Report to: Group Finance Controller/Subsidiary MD
Supervises: AAM Finance Team
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting, management accounting and finance activities of Anchoria Asset Management (AAM) that support the achievement of the Company’s objectives.
- Financial/Management reporting
- Budget and budgetary control
- Performance Management
- Tax Management
- Regulatory compliance reporting
- To ensure timely preparation of financial information which provides a complete and accurate picture of AAM’s financial position
- To co-ordinate the analysis and synthesis of AAM’s financial and non-financial information which provides a basis for sound business decisions by executive management
- To protect AAM’s interest by ensuring that relevant statutory and regulatory reports/returns regarding AAM’s financial affairs are generated on a timely basis.
- Weekly variance analysis of business performance
- Quarterly filling on SEC returns by 15th of the preceding month.
- Weekly reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Monthly management account on or before the 3rd working day of the new month
- Weekly Management report to be sent before 8am on Mondays
- Daily reconciliation of fixed deposit (FD) and placements of general ledger (GL)
- Fund accounting for mutual funds
- Remittance of PAYE and pension on or before 7th of the new month
- WHT and VAT remittance on or before 20th of the new month
- Filing of CIT returns and CAC returns on or before 28 June
- Submission of audited financial statement by 28 February
- Implementation of AAM’s goals, objectives, policies and operating procedure.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of AAM’s corporate strategy
- Identify, communicate and monitor critical interdependencies across the business sectors and forge effective organizational linkage to ensure a concerted/seamless implementation of the Group’s overall business strategy
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of accounting records by performing daily reconciliations
- Ensure timely reporting of Financial/management accounts of all the entities latest by the 5th of every month
- Execution of month end procedures and process
- Implementation of the accounting software for all reporting entities
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Monitoring and enforcing internal controls over financial transactions and financial reporting.
Budget and Budgetary Control:
- Provide financial guidance to the Subsidiary MD in the day-to-day running of the business
- Periodically review key AAM activity and performance reports and makes recommendations to the Group Financial Controller and/or Subsidiary MD for appropriate action.
- Engages all stakeholders in the preparation of AAM budgeting and budgetary control document to achieve the agreed corporate objectives
- Monitors the implementation of budgetary mechanisms to proactively identify and manage budget/ performance variances by the business sectors
- Tracks and reports on the implement robust cost management strategies to monitor and control cost for the asset management business
- Ensure key business performance analyses and reports are generated and circulated to the Business managers and Subsidiary on a timely basis
- Monitoring of performance for the business and staff
- Suggest strategic guidance where necessary
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Supervise the asset management finance team to ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities
- Researches on future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations
- Create, coordinate and evaluate financial programs and supporting information system for the company to include budgeting, tax planning and conservation of assets
- Initiate and facilitate Finance meetings to define and agree targets and workplans, consistent with the Currency business’ strategy and plans
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, training, professional development and performance evaluation of staff in line with the Company’s Human Capital policies
- Serve on committees or cross-functional teams and perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director or the Board of Directors
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Financial Target (Non Core):
- Achievement of at least 25% of business targets in FX, FDs, Loans, Cross Selling and Special Products
KPI: 90 Day Deliverables:
- Creating management account template for AAM in compliance with relevant IFRSs, GAAPs and reporting requirements for the audited financial statement.
- Deploy effective structure for preparation of daily reconciliations for bank statements and intercompany balances.
- Deploy effective structure/process for efficient remittance of transaction taxes on a monthly basis i.e. VAT, WHT after consultation with relevant stakeholders
KPI: Non Financial:
- 80% accuracy in cash-flow estimates
- 80% degree of average budget variances – Actual vs. Plan
- 80% degree of variances in expense accounts- Actual vs. Plan
- 100% performance in external audit examinations
- Zero non-compliant cases raised by the regulatory bodies
- Quality of financial advice provided to the company
- Accuracy and timeliness of management information and reports
- Internal customer satisfaction levels
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant accounting tools
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good Management abilities.
- Knowledge of GAAP/ IFRS
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the relevant position applied for as heading.
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2019.