Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Relations & Events Manager
Locations: Lagos, Nairobi, Dakar, London
Job type: Full time
- We are seeking a Public Relations & Events Manager to nurture a strong industry and media network, increase awareness and drive top of mind brand image by developing and executing effective communication, media relations, and events programs.
- This role is to be based in these cities of choice London, Madrid, Lagos, Nairobi and Dakar.
- Drive brand awareness, positioning, thought leadership and messaging through PR activities.
- Develop Global and Country specific PR strategies and working with agencies or directly with the media to maximize coverage opportunities.
- Ghostwriting for executives that bring greater awareness with potential investors and other high-level stakeholders. Draft speeches for company executives, and arrange interviews and other forms of contact .
- Research on the FX and African economic markets trends. Formulate questionnaires and surveys, gather information from key industry figures in an attempt to determine the validity of proposed topics and themes.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for the media and develop and maintain company websites.
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including external PR agencies, media, and influencers.
- Organise webinars and offline events (conference, industry events, hosted events).
- Make sure that messaging is directly aligned with awareness, thought leadership, and lead generation purposes.
- Proactively source and build relationships with event organizers to guarantee placement of executives in key events, both paid and unpaid opportunities.
- Support Internal teams with communication initiatives.
- Manage PR & Event budget and Quarterly reporting on PR and event initiatives.
- 10+ years of proven working experience in public relations required in financial services.
- Experience in the finance world / fin-tech / FX… is a must. This is mandatory to do ghostwriting, preparing interview questions.
- High level of professionalism to navigate and work with major stakeholders, such as the CEO, investors, and executives of partners.
- Proven track record designing, organising and executing PR strategy, successful events, webinars at both a local and international level.
- Experience using Google Analytics & Microsoft office.
- Big network and familiarity with major PR players, such as media, influencers, speakers, and agencies across Africa.
- Networking skills, including ability to connect and juggle many complex relationships at once.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Online and offline event planning experience, as well as experience working with digital events planning platforms.
- Experience with social media communication.
- Master in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.…… and more!!
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.