Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Lead Reliability Engineer – Oilfield Services Equipment
Job No: R81244
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Are you a Mechanical Engineer looking for an interesting and inspiring opportunity?
- Are you passionate about being part of a successful team?
Join our Team!
- Our Oilfield Services Team is assembling and testing the latest products of oilfield equipment which is beating heart of our work. We collaborate with our development teams in science, mechanical and electrical engineering, physics, geoscience, to develop innovative drilling tools.
Partner with the Best
- As a Lead Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying, leading, and executing activities that are aimed at reducing the costs of failure caused by non-productive time, repair costs, personnel, and premature product failures. This role works within or in close collaboration with regional service delivery, global product line and engineering, quality and supply chain functions to ensure comprehensive incident management and robust corrective action implementation.
As a Lead Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Focusing on preventing failures during the lifecycle management of a product or service through monitoring and action planning
- Participating Incident Investigation, ensuring the end-to-end process is considered, when determining incident root cause(s) alongside appropriate corrective actions.
- Developing RCA reports and technical or field bulletins.
- Facilitating incident review and corrective action boards
- Supporting new product development in all aspects relevant to reliability engineering, through direct liaison with engineering and the deploying region.
- Supporting job planning by participating in Risk Assessment / deviation waiver / Management of Change and deployment readiness assessment processes
- Ensuring compliance with Manage the Job Cycle process.
- Supporting new product development in all aspects relevant to reliability engineering, through direct liaison with engineering and the deploying region
- Identifying trends to prioritizing failure modes to investigating for corrective actions and analyze performance data and monitor performance.
Fuel your passion:
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in a Mechanical-related discipline.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Have proven experience in workshops and on heavy machinery.
- Good Six Sigma DMAIC process and business intelligence knowledge.
- Be able to work in a global matrix organization and understand the Service Delivery process and its technical nature.
- Be able to speak fluent English and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you:
- Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today.
- We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.
Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs.
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online