The USAID-funded Nigeria Malaria Action Plan for States (MAPS) Project is seeking qualified and candidates to fill the position of BCC Officer within its Abuja office. MAPS supports the Nigeria National Malaria Strategic Plan and National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and works to increase the quality, access and uptake of specific malaria control interventions, including ITNs, ACTs, RDTs, and IPTp to pregnant women.
The position descriptions are as follows:
Job Title: BCC Officer, Advocacy and Interventions
- Contribute to the development and implementation of MAPS’ innovative and robust Behavior Change Communication (BCC) approaches.
- Work with the BCCA Advisor (BCCA) to coordinate the development of BCCâ programs for the states and also work closely with the local CBOs and other implementing agencies (IAs) to design and deliver communications interventions for behavior change to target groups across the focal states.
- Manage and monitor the implementation of MAPS’ school-based malaria interventions.
- Support project leads to produce reports as required to be submitted to donors and dissemination to wider public.
- Facilitate the availability of evidence-based programming and review of evidence from national surveys and studies at national and sub-national levels to inform BCC programming.
- Under the technical direction of the BCC Advisor, participate in the monitoring and coordination of the implementation of MAPCOL (communications platform). Work with the BCCA, and other technical and program staff to conduct BCC needs assessment and assist with designing, pre-testing, and finalizing drafts of BCC materials.
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or arts/humanities.
- At least five years post-National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) experience, some of which should be in malaria program management, advocacy, and community-based interventions.
- Experience in long lasting insecticide-treated net (LLIN) campaign planning and implementation.
- Excellent editorial and analyticahl report writing skills.
- Ability to multitask and ensure proper documentation.â
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- Self motivated person able to work without close supervision.
Method of Application
Only qualified applicants who meet the above requirements are asked to send a cover letter and resume to[email protected] by January 31, 2011. Kindly indicate the position applied for in the cover letter and in the subject of your email. Position is Abuja-based.