British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician – Utilities
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-management
Function: Operations – Utilities
Reports to: Engineering Utilities Manager
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The job holder will be involved in the operating, controlling, monitoring and maintenance of Engineering/Utilities equipment within the Engineering Department in order to support the manufacture of products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost.
What You Will be Accountable for
- Operate assigned Utilities/Engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures to achieve target equipment availability and efficiency
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and of other team members and equipment specialists to achieve this aim.
- Have a high level of knowledge and hands-on skills in operating a range of utility equipment (pumps, generators, compressors, boiler).
- Perform RCAs of major failures in assigned utility plants
- Provide comprehensive daily report and update on all customers’ requests or complaints for the assigned plant or shift.
- Drive the right attitude throughout the department lead by example and display high level of responsibility
- Conduct corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment following standard general engineering and BAT standard practices to keep them in base con
- Check that equipment have a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning, inspection and lubrication maintenance schedules according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as required in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance and consumption data.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of OND in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or related course
- Ability to draft spare parts and consumables list for equipment maintenance
- Basic Knowledge of Costing is required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with Utility Equipment (Power Generation, Air Compression, Steam Boilers, Water/Oil, Pumping Stations, Water Treatment, Vacuum Systems, HVAC Systems), of which at least two has been spent at an FMCG
- Sound knowledge in the assembly of intricate parts with allowable tolerance limits.
- Ability to read and apply mechanical drawings and schematics as it relates to machine parts.
- Ability to sketch mechanical designs
Competitive salary range + excellent benefits + market-leading bonus
Interested and qualified candidates should: