British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATN Foundation) is an independent charitable organization with a mandate to support sustainable agriculture development and improve the livelihoods of those living in rural communities with special emphasis on smallholder farmers. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate – Programme & Project Management
Job Number: 18912
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- Develop, supervise and evaluate Sustainable Agriculture projects.
- Manage projects, with the established budgets and deliverables.
- Provide day-to-day management direction and support for assigned projects and staff.
- Prepare, edit and present project reports as needed.
- Assist with the development of sustainable agriculture policy work.
- Assuring quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Recruit collaborators and partners for BATN Foundation-related work/projects.
- Contribute to BATN Foundation publications through writing, editing or reviewing.
- Conduct workshops and other training where necessary and as required.
- Represents the Organization at national and international meetings and conferences, identifies and implements strategic partnerships, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue and develops and negotiates effective working relationships/consensus and agreements with development partners and key stakeholders.
- Leads and/or collaborates in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality / effectiveness of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning, training tools.
Requirements in terms of Qualification/, Experience and Skills
- An advanced university degree in Agriculture or in a related field.
- 6-8 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in sustainable agriculture or agri-business development, including project management.
- Ability to work independently and also within a team, depending on the situation.
- Great communications skills.
- Experience with Monitoring/Supervising and Evaluation of the projects on going and collaboration with a highly skilled professional staff and must be willing to travel.
- Experience in the practice and transfer of information on sustainable agriculture is required.
- Experience collaborating with others and demonstrated experience in project conceptualization, implementation and evaluation, including developing project proposals, in the nonprofit, government and private sectors would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply