British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success.
We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Number: 20635
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Security Manager to join our team in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will set up an efficient information system to identify risks to Operations, will manage security for all the operations cycle including factory processing, supply chain, exports of Finished Goods and destruction of waste, contaminated or illicit product.
- Secure high value assets across the Country to avoid any loss to the business.
- Set up and update adapted SOP’s and optimize the use of technical security systems. Investigate matters related to operations as tasked in a timely way.
- Drives the execution of Security strategy for all BAT Operations in Nigeria
- Design and manage the successful execution of the Operations Security Strategic Plan.
- Set up a reliable information network including service providers and multiple external sources
- Liaise with government security Agencies and other external sources to optimize risk assessment
- Develop and manage control measures to support and sustain a controlled environment in Operations arm of business.
- Task develop and train security manager and CSO’s under his responsibility to implement SOP’s and templates
- Ensure the embedding of the Security Risk Management Model across BAT operations in Nigeria
- Facilitates the Business Continuity Management process for Operations
- Contribute to the setup of pragmatic Security BCP for political and civil unrest including evacuation planning (election periods for instance)
- Organize security support to factory and Ibadan market visits for all staff, especially for WAALT and Regional visitors
- Send timely situation and incident reports when required
- Responsible for the Management of Security service providers and ensuring that required services are provided and delivered in full and on time as per contractual arrangements. Send out Monthly nominative headcount to that effect
- Identify all risks to operations across Nigeria by conducting Business Impact Analysis
- Propose cost effective measures to mitigate such risks
- Design and coordinate leaf security intelligence plan on all leaf planting areas to remain aware of all competition activities.
- Drive the implementation of leaf security strategies as designed to ensure that BAT leaf is not taken by competitors.
- Review and update SOP’s for Iseyin Leaf operations, GLT plant in Zaria, Supply Chain, Ibadan factory, Exports and destruction security
- Carry out objective enquiry / investigation into all reported cases or incident, breaches by determining facts, understanding vulnerability and drawing appropriate supportable conclusions to make recommendations.
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies when rapid response is required
- Demonstrate Empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Set clearly measurable targets to the Operations security team
- Ability to communicate with Operations Management so to raise their awareness on security issues
- Ability to display objectivity and balance in judgement whilst investigating any reported case and proffering adequate recommendations
- Ability to resist to stressful situations and remain cold headed during crisis
- Proactively promote a threat-driven security programme, driving a customer service culture that is effectively integrated with Business and which enables consistent standards of security risk mitigation
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills including ability to write concise reports
- Understand and analyze developing situations, drawing probable conclusions and making recommendations to sustain Operations while mitigating risks
- Sound and mature judgement as well as decision making ability during crisis situations
- Regular engagements with security service providers, government security agency personnel, professional security bodies, security managers of other corporate organizations and diplomatic security personnel
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply