BUA Group is a leading Foods & Infrastructure Conglomerate in Nigeria with diversified investments spanning key sectors of the Nigerian sector. At BUA, we hire collaborative problem- solvers with a self-motivational drive from all backgrounds and provide training, unlocking opportunities to advance in your career path within the organization. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Investor Relations
Reporting To: Managing Director
- Overseeing supervision of the company’s investor relations program to ensure the business’ relationships with shareholders reflect positively on the company’s stock price.
- Lead end-to-end process of organizing and managing capital raising processes, preparation of marketing materials, addressing questions from investors, organizing meetings and roadshows, as well as negotiations and fund documentation preparations.
- Monitors the investment research of the business, and also that of peer competitors to review business case for strategic investments and provide recommendations to Senior Management Executives.
- Participate in strategic planning with Senior Management to set financial goals as well as the company’s strategic agenda.
- Participate in investment, valuation and risk management processes.
- Build a network of institutional investor relationships as a foundation for future capital raises.
- Ad-hoc support on Office of the CEO’s strategic priorities and Senior Management’s broader agenda and special projects.
- Identify potential investors and develop proper points of contact, both direct and indirect, in order to develop direct relationships for capital raising.
Media Market Communication:
- Develop and manage communication protocols for all boarded investors including distribution of periodic performance updates and financial information.
- Produce content deliverables for communication with existing and prospective investors across all social media channels.
- Maintain and update information on existing investors including contact information, investor activity and portfolio construction planning – and communicate this information internally.
Capital Market Insight & Compliance
- Strong understanding of the Nigeria capital market and the financial industry
- Understands capital market regulations & compliance requirements and has existing relationship available with key regulators.
- Internally Relates With: All Staff
- Externally Relates With: Regulators, Analysts & Shareholders
Experience & Qualifications Required
- At least 10 years of related experience in an Investor Relations role within a fast-moving and dynamic business environment, preferably in a senior investor relations role.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insights.
- Service-oriented and proactive with good interpersonal skills and a passion for developing strong relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Strong financial modelling skills; outstanding analytical and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of the local and international financial markets.
- Previous track record of successfully leading capital raising teams.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize deliverables, and manage & meet tight deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 1st October 2023.