Bunsen Healthcare Communications Agency (Bunsen HCA) is a start-up full-service healthcare communication agency capable of delivering healthcare communication projects (medical education and medical advertising) to the pharmaceutical, private healthcare institutes and government organisations in Nigeria. The growth of the company is dependent on the team’s ability to research, identify and collaborate with long-term business partners and investors that share a similar vision of developing the healthcare communication sector in Nigeria, and who are able to align with the Bunsen HCA objectives. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Executive
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Temporary
Reports to: Company Director
- This position provides the opportunity to work on exciting communications programs for reputable pharmaceutical products, by acting as an account executive (junior project manager) with Personal Assistant administrative duties.
- The successful new hire must possess strong writing skills, a proven interest in Nigeria’s healthcare system, extreme attention to detail and some experience translating complex science/data issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials.
- Candidates will also be an early adopter of digital communications and social media marketing.
- Bunsen HCA is a sister company to Bunsen Communications Liimted, a UK based company. Consequently, the account executive’s responsibilities will occasionally be split between both UK and Nigerian project work.
Support with administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Electronic filing maintenance
- Microsoft excel data import and export
- Develop post-meeting minutes
- Development and maintenance of ‘clientele and business partners’ database
- Support the drafting and execution of market research activities
- Build and maintain strong supplier and partners relationships
- Support the development of communication materials: timelines, project plans, presentation slides formatting, faculty biographies, reports, communications documents
- Contribute to the management of project budgets; assist with the proposal and budget development, tracking, billing and internal communications
- Post-probation: Ability to develop relationships with third party organisations, physicians and caregivers, and to attend external meetings and events representing the agency (medical conferences, third party events, etc.)
Personal Assistant duties to the Company Director:
- Support with adhoc requests
- Assist with journey planning for national trips
- Support with short-let social media marketing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Biomedical Sciences or Mass Communications, or similar.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 1 – 2 years’ experience as a Junior Account Executive in a communication agency, or similar position
- Genuine interest in the healthcare industry, particularly as regards marketing and medical education, and compliance training within Nigeria
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook / Gmail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numeracy
- Proven organisational and planning abilities
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills, with a positive attitude.
Additional Employment Information:
- This is a three-month temporary position, that will be considered for full-time permanent employment before the probationary period is over. At this point, discussions can be had regarding corporate health insurance coverage.
- During the first three months the holiday allowance is 5 holiday days, excluding National holidays. You are required to work 4.5 days a week, finishing at 1pm on Fridays. Monday to Thursday is standard working hours from 9am-5pm ‘office’ based. Located on Lagos Island.
- The Company Director is keen to have an account executive that is receptive to receiving improvement suggestions, and appreciates that the onboarding period will involve heavy supervision.
- At interview stage, the candidate is expected to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the healthcare system structure in Nigeria
- Demonstrate an ability to pick up new projects quickly
- Have superb admin and organisational skills (in order to be good at budgets, reports, timelines, etc) and
- Be articulate, fun, outgoing and professional.
N120,000 – N150,000 Monthly depending on experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Covering Letter and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th December, 2021.