Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Arac Senior Drilling and Wells Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
- Spearheads the preparation, planning, optimization, and follow-up of “Solutions for Performance” targeted at Drilling & Wells Operations.
- Drives the Digital transformation roadmap for the Drilling and Wells metier in the affiliate.
- Mentors Junior Engineers and Supervisors, shares experience and best practices, reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Leads the LEAN, Cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture within the Methods and Performance Team.
- Ensures lessons learnt and best practices are captured and communicated within the Drilling & Wells Metier and texternal stakeholders.
- Follows up and assists in closing out any highlighted improvement actions.
- Participate in risk assessment related tWell operations. Identify and implement measures tensure successful well delivery.
- Participate in operation debriefing with the rig and contractors tcapture lessons learnt, areas of improvement and disseminate experience across the team.
- Participate in HSE audits, site committee meeting and incident investigations at the bases and on the rig. Promote HSE initiatives.
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e. Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids.
- Has good knowledge of Company referential, industry standards and best practices required tachieve well objectives in a safe and optimum manner
- Proposes new ideas and innovations timprove well performance, well operations performance, reduce risk and/or cost. Conduct studies testablish benchmark and improve performance.
- Be competent enough tmanage small work group(s) comprising engineers, superintendents, supervisors, and contractors tresolve engineering/technical issues
- Participate in the sharing of professional experience through REX
Context and Environment:
- Diversified and transverse activity with Drilling & Wells. Manages and interfaces with different asset groups and divisions within and external tthe company with multiple culturally and professionally transverse people
- Diversified Environment: Onshore Offshore and Deep Offshore.
- Key Actor in the interactions between the Drilling & Wells Metier, internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor operations and cost across the Driling & Wells Spectrum tcapture lessons learnt with a view timprove on subsequent activities.
- Provide support for Engineering compliant with technical referential, at adequate quality tenhance Safety, Performance and Well Delivery
- Ensure that studies timprove performance are conducted and results implemented.
- Assist with the optimisation of activities of service providers and assess their performance when required
- Assist with the planning and mobilisation of resources (personnel, equipment, contracts) for the execution of approved well operations in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain good interface with other entities internal and external for the optimisation of well operations
- Assist with the preparation and conduct invitations ttender for service and equipment contracts for Drilling & Wells teams when required.
- Demonstrates personal commitment tand statutory HSE policies, standards and codes of conduct and drives / ensures compliance of same within the team and contractors
- Actively participates and ensures team participation in Company safety awareness/initiative schemes and audits tensure the contractors are compliant.
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- A Degree in the Sciences or Engineering Minimum of 8 years relevant technical experience with onshore and offshore Well engineering roles
- Good knowledge of Data Analysis Tools & Methods, Communication (oral & written) and Presentation skills.
- Good knowledge drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedure, stock management
- Good knowledge of the Company rules, Guides and Manuals, General Specifications and the CMS related drilling and Wells, Safety, QA/QC and associated metiers
- Good knowledge of Contracts and Procurement, Finance and Cost control
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online