CarePay is an international, fast-growing fintech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania and the Netherlands. Our company’s vision is to make mobile health insurance accessible to everyone by using state-of-the-art technology against no marginal costs. We strongly believe in leveraging the mobile technology revolution to transform the health insurance sector. CarePay has developed a smart payment distribution platform on the foundations of the mobile money ecosystem, which permanently connects patients, premium payers, insurers and healthcare providers on our platform. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Executive
Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance & Payments
Main Purpose of Job
- The Finance Executive will be responsible for financial and administrative operations for our office in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate will ensure that all financial operations are carried out in a timely manner and you will also support the team with general and HR- Administration tasks required to ensure the orderly and efficient running of the CarePay offices in Lagos and Kwara.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the financial administration of CarePay Nigeria.
- Ensuring timely and accurate invoice processing – including payment process.
- Managing petty cash float – including ensuring that petty cash payments are properly authorized, within approval limits, and that the expense is necessary for the business.
- First point of contact for statutory audit procedures – managing the local financial audit (with support from the CarePay group team).
- Responsible for timely end of month closure processing and reporting. Responsible for ensuring timely processing for all CarePay Nigeria related transactions and processes – with support from CarePay group team.
- Responsible for carrying out monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and resolving any reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Managing the receivables and payables ledger by ensuring that both accounts are reconciled monthly, and any reconciling items resolved.
- Raising invoices to customers and following up overdue amounts.
- First reviewer of staff reimbursement claims checking for reasonableness and completeness of reimbursement documentation.
- Track staff advances and ensure timely retirement of amounts advanced to staff supported by appropriate documentation.
- Maintain the assets register and ensure that newly purchased assets are included in the register, depreciated at appropriate rates and tracked to staff responsible for the assets.
- Process tax payments and tax returns as per statutory deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports.
- Ensure that the office has adequate office supplies including stationery, refreshments, and other services required for the normal functioning of the office.
- Maintain the schedule of insurance for the Nigeria office and track renewals, additions, and removals of assets from the insurance lists.
- Support booking of flights and accommodation requests for the team.
- Manage the online taxi account with Bolt and review all taxi requests for reasonableness.
- Support CarePay procurement including sourcing for quotations required as per the procurement policies.
- Handle HR functions such as staff induction, new staff set up and payroll processing.
- Work together with Kenya and Netherlands HR team on HR-related matters.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the Head of Finance and Control.
Educational Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum University Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in Finance and accounting.
- Experience in Sage and Lucanet accounting/reporting system is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including (Excel).
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate a high degree of analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make decisions timely.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, and organized with effective time management skills and take pride in work.
- Strong leadership skills with an ownership mentality toward achieving results.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills across the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external parties to maximize performance, problem-solving, and results.
- Ability to show initiative and take responsibility.
- Flexible and ability to adapt or change to new situations and handle high levels of uncertainty.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to CarePay’s mission.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.