Carlcare Development, formerly known as Tecno Telecoms – established in July 2006, is a high-tech company specializing in the R&D, production, sale and service of mobile communication products. After years of development, Carlcare Development has become an important part of the mobile phone industry and one of the major mobile phone manufacturers in the world. Currently, it has full ownership of three famous mobile phone brands TECNO, itel and Infinix, and an after-sales service brand Carlcare.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Editor
Employment Type: Full-time
- As content editor you should have your pulse on the latest happenings in the local literary scene.
- You will help us to source for the best writing talents in your locality and make them a part of the Light Reader family.
- You will also edit manuscripts for grammar, factual accuracy, spelling, tone, plot and structure. And because we live and breathe books, you will help in classifying new books into the best genre that fits its content and helps our readers make the right choice for them.
- Read through and review works from writers to ensure they follow our desired safety content guidelines and Lightreader’s standards in writing.Also deliver prompt and appropriate feedback of reviewed books to the whole content team.
- Be part of the content team and actively participate in continuous content meetings to deliberate on content strategy and content direction.
- Accurately classify stories from our writers according to their genres.
- Write brief but excellent reviews of stories that are selected for recommendation to readers.
- Collaborate with teams, both local and overseas, to attain set company goals.
- Help identify talent in creative writing and pin-point works most loved byour target readers.
- General content works as need arises, including report writing, market research, and coming up with localized ideas for activities that enrich writers and content on our platform, among other day to day office works.
- Help to maintain the Whatsapp group of the potential writers, following their dynamicsand encouragingthe potential writers to provide high quality work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Degree from a recognized institution, preferred major in English, or literature.
- 1 – 5 years work experience.
- An avid reader of novels, both online and in hard copy, have own appetite in reading.
- A deep knowledge of most genres in fiction and non-fiction, with a trained eye to easily classify these genres.
- Proveneditorial skills, with ability to improve the quality of manuscripts, and proficiency in Office software.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of literature, publishing industry, active writers’ clubs and book clubs in thecountry. Work experience in an online reading platform or publishing industry is preferred.
- Collaboration skills (team player), with ability to think creatively and design timely solutions that address the situation at hand.
- Goal-oriented individual, able to complete tasks within the required timelines.
- Fiction writing/ Experience in book reviews will be an added advantage, with a track record/portfolio.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline:11th March, 2021.