The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research (CCCRN) is a sub recipient of the PEPFAR ICARES grant in Benue state. CCCRN promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally-adapted models of health systems strengthening. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy & Supply Chain Specialist
Reports to: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Lead
- The Pharmacy and Supply Chain Specialist will plan and implement the delivery of high quality pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DSD services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of PMTCT, ART, and TB care including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and reporting of CPART, CARG and other DSD models.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, report and order of health commodities and tracking of re-supply.
- Responsible for the generation of LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Pharmacy; Master’s-level Degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 2+ years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Attach the following documents:
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document.
- Copies of their credentials
Application Deadline: 11th December, 2020.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview