Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is established in 2018 is registered as an NGO with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. We are currently implementing the ECW-MYRP Project. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Complaint Response Mechanism Officer
Locations: Bama, Ngala, Gwoza – Borno and Michika – Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 12 Months
Reporting To: Community Engagement Officer
Start Date: Immediately
- This position main task is to monitor the implementation of educational activities of CATAI in schools and within the community of project implementation.
- S/he works under the supervision of the Community engagement officer.
- The complaint response mechanism supervises the work of incentive teachers and volunteers, including their capacity building.
- S/he is responsible for the quality and safeness of activities delivered in schools under his/her supervision, according to the mandate, commitments, and standards of the project. This position is a project based full-time.
- Serve as complaint response desk/focal point for the project activities within the location.
- Provide information on referrals and ensure beneficiaries are provided with the adequate are.
- Assist partners to ensure an effective care plan is provided to refereed and registered cases after a comprehensive assessment.
- Serve as support to families, survivors and victims of GBV,SEA,and VAC.
- Ensure Regular communication with the other CRMworkers, protection, partner’s project partners, govt social workers and service providers as part of providing individual case management.
- Regularly attend protection meetings in the location to update on CATAI activities to other actors.
- Writing of report and submit weekly for easy tracking.
- Identify any challenges beneficiaries faced and work together with the team to achieve solutions.
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of progressively responsible experience in education, case management or other related area, with a minimum of 1 year work experience with NGOs.
- Understanding of Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage.
- Experience in facilitating activities with children, youth, parents and the community.
- Good command of English is essential, basic Hausa and Kanuri is of added value.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Good facilitation and capacity building skills.
- Analytical and computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023.
- Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, child safeguarding, adolescent and youth initiatives, PSEA, GBV, VAC and anti fraud.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
- CATAI does not charge fee to facilitate any recruitment process.