Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Information Systems Advisor – Technical
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Management Information Systems Advisor – Technical to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S.
- President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Management Information Systems Advisor – Technical will provide technical support in all Management Information Systems (MIS) projects and activities, across all task orders in Global Health Supply Chain Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manage all technical operations requirements and implementation, internal and external engagements for MIS and related projects /activities (Microsoft Dynamics NAV, National Integrated Specimen Referral Network (NISRN), Integrated Distribution Model, DDIC etc.).
- Support design, implementation and documentation for MIS and related projects/activities.
- Provide technical support on MIS platforms to facilitates user access to supply chain data for analysis and information.
- Warehouse historical datasets and indicators for all project activities.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate technical solutions to support MIS activities for the GHSC-PSM project.
- Facilitate user requirements definition and documentation meetings/workshops
- Support the development of implementation strategies for MIS activities/projects
- Troubleshoot applications, monitor and record incidents, and communicate findings to all relevant units.
- Maintain technical documentation for MIS projects.
- Ensure that all PSM Nigeria MIS implementations follow USAID requirements.
- Support the assessment/evaluation of ongoing MIS activities/projects
- Support the development and deployment of appropriate MIS applications or solutions for use by the PSM Nigeria program, funders and other relevant partners
- Support training and capacity development activities for MIS application users
- Support the administration, management, and support of GHSC-PSM MIS applications.
- Supervise a team of MIS Associates, interns, and consultants to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Management Information Systems Manager – Technical
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Masters Degree in Management Information Systems, Information Communications Technology, Engineering or a related field with 3 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics or related field with 3- 5 years of work experience in supporting and managing ICT-based knowledge.
- At least 3 years of work experience in data and information management
- At least 2 years’ experience in training and mentoring staff in ICT particularly developing countries
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs is a requirement.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including web-based database systems is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems related problems and maintain security of the systems
- Proficiency in working with the office applications, ERP software, communications systems.
- Good project management skills
- Familiarity with USG requirements for MIS project development and implementation
- Experienced in USG funded managing information systems projects
- Knowledge of public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques is required.
- Strong skills in project monitoring, interpretation and evaluation of data are required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to facilitate training/workshops and present technical and strategic Information data in a clear and concise manner to audiences with varying degrees of knowledge/experience in MIS.
- Ability to lead a team, and coordinate across different teams.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- The Management Information Systems Advisor – Technical will report to the Management Information Systems Manager – Technical
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Annual Salary package
- 5 % increase on your current annual base salary (The base salary is the salary before tax without any benefits, allowances or bonuses)
- Transportation Allowance: NGN 208,652.00 (Per year)
- Meals Allowance: NGN 173,407.00 (Per year)
- Miscellaneous Allowance: NGN 453,142.00 (Per year)
- Housing: NGN 974,962.00 (Per year)
- Annual Leave Allowance calculated at 10% of annual basic salary
- 13th Month Benefit calculated at 8.33% of your annual basic salary.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here