Posted on :
8 Nov, 2009
8 Nov, 2009
The Federal Civil Service Commission of Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into various vacant positions in the State House Medical Centre.
Vacancies exist at the State House Medical Centre for a
1. Consultant Pediatrician
2. Consultant Ophthalmologist
3. Medical officer
Department of Ophthalmology
Responsibilities & Duties: CONSULTANT
The Consultant reports directly to the Consultant Special Grade II or I as the case may be; amongst other functions, he/she shall:
• Take charge of the appropriate unit of the Medical Centre.
• Initiate action on the review of policies in the specific area of specialization.
• Assist in designing and implementing the training programmes of support staff of the department.
• Assist in the general administration of the department.
• Co-ordinate the specific services of the unit to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
• Participate in community/public health programmes of the department with particular reference to the programmes of the unit.
The Medical Officer reports directly to the Senior Medical Officer, Grade I, amongst other functions, the Medical Officer shall:
• Carry out general medical duties.
• Practice in the area of specialization under the supervision of the Consultant.
• Assist in the supervision of the activities of subordinate staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Must possess a MBBS degree in addition to post-graduate qualification(s) in the specific area of specialization.
• Must be registered with the Nigerian Medical Council (NMC).
• Must pass parts I and II Final Examination Certificates of the Fellowship of the National Post-Graduate Medical College of Nigeria or its equivalent, however, foreign medical specialists must be registered with the Nigerian Medical Council (NMC).
• Must possess NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
• The candidate must possess MBBS degree, be registered with the NMC and must have NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
Remuneration & Conditions of Service:
• The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the respective positions in Federal Civil Service and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
• In accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Rules and Regulations, the successful candidate shall hold office up to the compulsory retirement age of 60 years or 35 years of service whichever is applicable.
• Fringe benefits include a pension scheme in consonance with the contributory pension scheme and allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Method of Application:
Applications should be submitted together with 35 copies of Curriculum Vitae stating: Date of Birth, Marital Status, Qualifications, Professional Experience, State of Origin, Names and Addresses of three Referees and Photocopies of all credentials backed with such supporting documents as will assist the Commission in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “POST OF CONSULTANTS & MEDICAL OFFICER” and addressed to:
Federal Civil Service Commission,
3 Abidjan Street, Zone 3, Wuse,
Applicants should inform their referees to forward their CONFIDENTIAL REPORTS to the above address within the same deadline.
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th November, 2009.