CMB Building, Maintenance & Investment Co. Limited (CMB), established in 2002, operates as an all-inclusive Real estate development organization. The company’s objective is to revolutionize the real estate industry to the point where participation is feasible across all classes of income.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Reporting Specialist
Reports To: Head of Financial Performance & Reporting
Direct Reports: Supervisors, Officers and Interns
- To ensure accurate reporting of financial transactions and effective management of financial resources and systems.
- Liaises with HOD, FPR to develop/update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures and strategies across the Group.
- Manages the day-to-day accounting transactions and ensures the accurate recordings/postings of financial data.
- Prepares the trial balance and financial reports (e.g. bank reconciliations, balance sheet, profit and loss accounts).
- Implements control systems and processes to secure the organization’s assets.
- Acts to ensure the accuracy of inventory balances by reconciling the book balance of stock/cash to physical balances.
- Monitors the fixed asset ledgers to ensure accuracy of balances by effectively reconciling book balance to physical balance.
- Liaises with internal and external auditors to discuss and resolve queries.
- Provides detailed and accurate reports to Executive management on a regular basis to support business objectives.
- Analyze and interpret financial information for Company strategic planning and business decision making.
- Prepare weekly work plans and time sheets for submission to Head of Department.
- Departmental Budget Savings of at least 20%.
- Promptness of service delivery and support for other departments.
- Be a role model for the entire team and always keep the team morale and energy high.
- Provide Accounting policy (Specific to Financial Reporting) orientation for new employees admitted into the department.
- Closure of audit non-conformity within stipulated time
- Attendance of departmental quality meeting and technical meetings.
Performance Area Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Integrity of physical and electronic accounting financial information.
- Timely resolution of accounts discrepancies.
- Accuracy in documentation and easy retrieval of financial transaction records.
- Number of timely losses within the Organization on various transactions identified.
- Timely reconciliation of accounts.
- Timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial reports.
- Relevance of reports to decision making.
- Compliance and record management
- Timely completion of reconciliation of accounts.
- Accuracy in filing and easy retrieval of documents.
- Non-compliance of staff to finance policies and procedures.
- No. of detected breaches in internal controls.
- Frequency and number of fraud incidents.
- Managing the team efficiently.
- Contribution to the employee productivity.
- Prompt submission of Monthly and Quarterly performance reports.
Key Skills And Competencies
- Excellent follow through, ability to pay attention to details and organizational skills.
- High level of professionalism and dedication towards work.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skill
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Strategic thinking, forecasting and planning skills.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills.
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Business Management/Economics
- Minimum of 6 years experience in Accounting
- Real Estate experience is an added advantage
- Must be professionally qualified as an Accountant
Application Closing Date
20th March 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected] and state the Job Role as the Subject.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.