Posted on :
6 Sep, 2010
Consolidated Breweries Plc, a subsidiary of Heineken International, Consolidated Breweries PLC is a Nigerian brewery. It is majority owned by Heineken since 2004. They are the third largest brewer in the country, and concentrate on the low-priced end of the market. They have two running production sites. The biggest in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun state. The smaller in Awo Omamma, Imo state. Products are : Hi-Malt, “33” Export and Turbo King. The smaller Turbo King bottle is prepared for introduction later 2009.
Job Title: Automation Engineer
This position exists in our subsidiary company. DIL/Maltex based in Agbara. Ogun State. The candidate for the position is being sourced on behalf of DIU/Maltex. The Automation Engineer will be based in Agbara and will report to the Chief Engineer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring maximum availability and optimum condition of all electrical, automation and instrumentation devices, to ensure sustained operation. He will also ensure safety of all electrical and automation equipment.
The ideal candidate should have (or meet) the following:
• Minimum of B.Sc degree, second class honours (lower division) or HND (lower credit) In Automation/Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years experience, preferably in an FMCG environment. Sound knowledge in Control and Automation/ Electrical system.
• Ability to read electrical/panel drawings.
• Knowledge of Simatic Automation package.
• Should have working knowledge of PLC. SCADA, HMI, DRIVES. Instrumentation.
• Knowledge of Programming & Troubleshooting in Siemens (S5/S7 series) is preferable.
• Good technical knowledge of packaging and brewing equipment.
• Experience with set-up of planned maintenance systems.
• Not more than 40 years of age as at 1st January, 2010.
• Ability to work with Computer systems and softwares – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, AutoCAD and the internet.
• Good team-player.
• “Hands on” mentality.
• Evidence of having participated in the NYSC scheme or Exemption.
• Flexible attitude.
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure.
• Willingness to work in any of the locations in Nigeria where we have operations.
Remuneration attached to this position is in line with the existing rates in the industry.
Method of Application
If you are confident that your experience. skills and orientation have prepared you to succeed in any of the above positions, apply latest 16th September 2010 with copies of your curriculum vitae and relevant credentials quoting the position applied for on the left-hand side of the envelope and send to:
CONSOLIDATED BREWERIES PLC
P.O BOX 159.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL SE CONTACTED