Corona Schools Trust Council – The focus of the Corona Schools’ Trust Council is the development of world-class schools. World class in all facets of our operations – curriculum, teaching methodologies, staff quality, libraries, technology, buildings, resources, facilities, management and so on.
In order to sustain our mission to deliver world- class education to children inculcate high moral and ethical values as we prepare them for a life of service and fulfilment, we have embarked on a number of school improvement initiatives in recent years.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: I.T Administrator
- The primary role of IT Administrators is to oversee and maintain all aspects of Corona Schools location’s computer infrastructure. This includes maintaining networks, servers and security programmes and systems.
- The I.T Administrator will manage the upgrade and installation of new hardware and software, perform troubleshooting to address problems with computer systems, and assess viruses and potential threats to a Corona’s network.
- He/she may also monitor the use of emails, create and change passwords, make suggestions for improvements to computer systems, backup data and perform data recovery if needed.
- His/her duties will include network management, software development and database administration. He also provides technical support to all staff and students and trains non-technical workers on information systems if the need arises.
- He/she will also work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems; staying up-to-date on emerging technologies and the potential effectiveness of these advancements especially within the Education sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guides new development tools and interface design; assists in assessing and selecting new materials, including educational software
- Present sessions on emerging technologies to various departments and students
- Provides training to faculty and staff in the use of Moodle as the Learning Management System, Learn course design as well as other professional development sessions
- Schedule and manage online exam support using the Moodle Learning Management System
- Acts as the main point of contact for administration support issues in the use of educational technology
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or any Science related course, A Microsoft Certified Professional certificate and a certificate in networking preferably Cisco.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in educational technology, preferably at a tertiary institution
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence
- Sound knowledge of corporate communications, strategic planning, research and project management
- Proven ability to oversee the preparation of a wide range of written documentation, communications and agreements
- A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to generate, analyse and interpret complex documents from various sources
- Current knowledge of higher education practices, trends and issues
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels within the College and with appropriate external stakeholders
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application with updated CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2020.