Cuso International is a North American leading international development agency that works through volunteers to overcome poverty, operating in Nigeria for more than 60 years. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Kwande, Benue
- Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- At all times act professionally and ethically in work related activities.
- To inform management of any pending problems or alert them to potential improvements in operating procedures.
- To carry out reasonable instructions from your line manager, Team Leader and other team members to the best of your ability.
To ensure that:
- Transport staff and other personnel to and from various destinations, including trips which may last for several days, ensuring that all occupants wear seat belt.
- Maintain a log book for all tasks for all trips, fuelling and maintenance
- Ensure vehicles are in sound mechanical conditions ready for program activities, conducting daily checks and maintenance
- Maintain the vehicles in a clean condition at all times.
- Ensure vehicles have all essential accessories such as umbrellas, map, fire extinguisher, maintenance tool kit, torch, first aid kit, telephone directory and other essential items like water, oil and brake fluid.
- Conduct regular vehicle checks to ensure service schedules are adhered to
- Ensuring that vehicles are safe and secured at all times
- Plan routes and estimate requirements for field trips, preparing funding requests as appropriate.
- Fulfil other duties such as picking up and delivering items/mails.
- Test drive office vehicle to be able to guide external service providers on what to do on vehicles; also to verify work done by external service providers upon return of the vehicle from the garage
- Load and unload any Cuso International goods as needed or requested.
- Undertake medical exam and eye test as required by management to maintain safe driving capacity. Eye test will be done yearly.
- Ensure that vehicle insurance, license and road-worthiness and other government required licenses are up-to-date and copies are kept in the vehicle.
- Staff are charged at least monthly for personal use of Project vehicles and rates for personal use are reviewed at least twice a year.
- The vehicle code of conduct is strictly enforced.
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop and maintain a documentation system for vehicles operations and liaise with administrative staff to maintain set guidelines
- That minor maintenance issues are fixed by yourself or reported and fixed promptly.
- The vehicle code of conduct is strictly enforced.
- Must keep a fully charged mobile phone with credits at all times when travelling for project purposes.
- Support the Administration and Logistics Assistant in administration and logistics duties.
- Office Runs or any other duties as required and as directed via the Project Support and Logistics Officer, Finance & Admin Manager and branch supervisor.
- High standards of care and safety are maintained at all times.
- To Check and ensure there is always fuel for the standby generator, both in the generator itself and in the container for refuelling.
- Ensure all vehicle tools are in order and report any missing tools to your line manager.
- Attend staff planning meetings as and when required.
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience within an organisation (Government or Private sector
- Clean Driver’s licence and good driving record
- Read, write, understand and communicate clearly in English
- Maintain good physical condition that will enable Driver to stoop, bend, twist, and perform other motions, requiring strength and endurance when performing manual labour indoors or outdoors. Able to frequently lift up to 100 lbs
- Language Requirements: English
Vehicle Code of Conduct:
- Vehicle can be only be operated by designated driver and staff listed in the Vehicle Insurance Policy.
- All users driving the vehicle must log all vehicle mileage – date; location; start and End miles; personal or business; name & signature.
- Vehicle is to be strictly used for project / programme activities. Approval must be sought from the Finance & Admin Manager or Team Leader for any other use.
- No one is allowed to borrow or take any tools/equipment from the vehicle.
- No alcohol consumption & smoking allowed inside the vehicle.
- Seat Belts must be worn by all passengers in the vehicle at all times.
- Driver is responsible for cleaning up the vehicle after every trip.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 23rd February, 2020