Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head, Methods
Reference ID: Mechanical-Okpella-002
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: DCP – Operations
- Evaluate the reliability of systems and specialised equipment to ensure effective and efficient execution.
- Oversee the mechanical and electrical inspection of plant equipments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the MIPS schedule.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Continuously monitor the reliability of machines and processes and make recommendations as to replacing, modifying, or repairing it.
- Review engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Evaluate the failure rates and maintenance costs of equipment and processes.
- Make suggestions and implement plans to reduce equipment failure and decrease maintenance costs
- Provide input in defining asset maintenance and risk management plans.
- Define the criteria for equipment evaluation, testing, inspection and distribution of various maintenance tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Maintenance (Plant).
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing industry
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on project management experience
- Working knowledge of engineering economics including cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to think strategically and holistically, to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good and holistic understanding of the business operations, inter-relationships and dependencies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good problem analysis and solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.