The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the mine action and armed violence reduction unit within DRC and focuses on freeing communities from the fear of mines, explosive remnants of war and armed violence. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Medical Trainer Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has received a grant from OFDA for the implementation of the humanitarian aid operation entitled in northeast Nigeria. Part of this operation is the Service of Consultancy for Medical Trainer.
- This SoW serves as a request for proposals from a potential consultant interested in conducting Medical First Aid refresher training to DRC/DDG Staff in Borno and Adamawa States. The purpose, scope, and requirements of the task are herein explained.
Overview of the Mission
- The overall purpose is for the Medical Trainer to provide medical refresher training the DDG Field staff( NTS, EORE and AVR field staff) and selected DRC base staff in all medical procedures and theory as directed in DDG medical Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and relevant protocols.
The Consultant will be expected to provide the following deliverables:
- Provide refresher training in line with standards set in DDG’s medical support to mine action SOP.
- Facilitate theory and practical lessons in the classroom and outdoors as appropriate.
- Assess/advise on DRC/DDG’s Nigeria’s material medical capacity including Emergency Trauma Kits and vehicles, and medical equipment spares lists (including organisation/distribution of the medical equipment to the teams).
- The scope of the consultancy shall cover all medical-related emergencies and incidents likely to be encountered on the way to, during and on the return journey from operations, and should be used to support operations in deep field locations where it is necessary for the team to stay in temporary/ field accommodation.
- The consultancy should cover only DRC / DDG projects based in Adamawa and Borno State. All practical and classroom work should take place at DRC Offices or in an alternative location should the meeting room not be available. All rights to the training material lie with DRC / DDG, hence the Consultant can solely use this material for this assignment unless otherwise agreed with DRC / DDG.
- During the consultancy in Nigeria, the consultant must obey the context related set-up and adhere to any instruction, guidance, and procedures in terms of security and cultural respect.
Interested and qualified candidates should contact the “Supply Chain Focal Point” to get the full tender document via: [email protected] , [email protected]
Application Deadline: 23rd December, 2020.