DRC is the process of scaling up and emergency programme in Nigeria focusing on responding to the huge humanitarian needs and challenges in the North East of Nigeria. Nigeria’s northeast is currently experiencing a significant humanitarian crisis, which has been the result of the ongoing-armed conflict between Boko Haram, the Nigerian military and the Multi-National Task Force in the north-east. An estimated 10 million people are affected by the conflict, this has led to a state of emergency being declared in three north-eastern states and spill-over effects into neighbouring countries. High insecurity in the region has made access for humanitarian actors extremely difficult and further exacerbating the situation.
DRC operations will initially focus on Borno and Adamawa States where DRC focus on meeting the basic needs (protection, WASH, food security and shelter) of urban caseloads and displacement camps, as well as establishing access to affected areas that have opened in recent months.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistic & Procurement Manager
Location: Yola, Adamawa
About the Job
- Ensure rapid and effective procurement of relief items – meeting DRC and donor standards
- Actively engage with programmes teams to aid in planning and delivery of effective support
- Set standards for and manage procurement and logistics staff in coordination with Area Mangers
- Put in place and maintain clear stock and inventory management procedures and documentation
- Ensure transport planning and fleet management
Management and Supervision:
- Your direct line manager is the Head of Support Services.
- You will directly manage some Log & Proc staff but most Log and Procurement staff will be managed directly by the Area Managers in the field locations and you will be their technical supervisor as you will provide technical oversight.
- You will manage directly or jointly (technical supervision) a total of 20 to 30 staff such as Procurement Officers, Senior Logistics Officers, Logistics Assistants, Warehouse Assistants and Drivers .
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a high quality procurement system, which is accountable, transparent and compliant with DRC’s Procurement Policy and donor requirements
- Manage all purchasing processes at field level in accordance with guidelines
- Ensure that the tracking and filing system to record and archive all procurements is rigorously maintained
- Ensure all technical requirements of supplies/goods requested are met; while also ensuring that supplies are delivered in a reasonable time frame
- Review Order Requests, Purchase Orders and follow up with Head Office for procurement and transport of items to distribution points
- Ensure systematic process of transporting items from stores/suppliers to field locations, ensuring full control of movement and receipt of items.…
Stock and Asset Management:
- Maintain and be responsible for management for all DRC stocks
- Ensuring all DRC Assets are tagged and listed in the Asset Management database at the time of procurement with an asset file created for them and that a regular monitoring system is in place
- Ensure that asset registers include donor requirements to facilitate correct disposal of assets during project liquidation
- Maintain the warehouse and project assets and all related systems for the programme, ensuring full control of items at all stages, including stock management and release of items
- Produce stock movement reports according the DRC reporting policy and formats
- Ensure all DRC vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained
- Ensure safe operation of the fleet through daily check of vehicles
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books, fuel consumption etc) according to DRC’s Logistics Reporting policy
Management and Coordination:
- Management of assigned team, including drivers, assistants, warehouse staff, compound staff and security guards to ensure all duties carried out
- Responsible for capacity building and appraisals of staff
- Ensure donor compliance is adhered to
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate narrative and logistical reports for DRC, in accordance with Head of office and logistics department
- Following HR guidelines in management of staff.
- Actively participate in national management and planning meetings
- Support programme team with logistical aspects, such as distributions, as needed
- Proven experience for a minimum of 3 years in logistics post within an internationally recognized non-governmental organization or similar entity
- Supply Chain Management experience
- High level of interpersonal and negotiation skills and motivation to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in English required
- Yola with required professional travels, i.e. regular travels to field sites and abuja from the support hub in Yola to ensure standardisation of systems and support to programmes and Area Managers.
- Result-oriented individual with ability to deliver good quality work in timely fashion
- Proficiency in using MS Excel and Word programmes, and common computer and communications applications
- Experience of managing logistical support staff
- Some regional and international travel to attend to if required and requested for technichal meetings and/or global trainings
- Experience of working in complex emergencies and conflict situations
- An understanding of and commitment to DRC’s mission and values
- Capacity to monitor large volume of operations, capacity to take high level responsibilities and to work under pressure
- An understanding of and commitment to DRC’s mission and values …
- Contract: 1 year – unaccompanied position
- Salary Level: A13 – According to DRC’s salary scale – for more information please consult the vacancy section
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only qualified applicants meeting the Job Offer’s requirements will be shortlisted
- Please provide a resume (no more than 4 pages) and a Cover Letter (no more than 1 page)
Application Deadline: 4th August, 2017.