Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Tax and Regulatory Services: Associate
Requisition code: 142217
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt-Rivers
Role: Tax Associate
Business Unit: Tax and Regulatory Services
- Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work.
- We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.
- To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Tax Associate role provides opportunity for young and vibrant individuals desirous of building a career in professional tax services to be mentored in realising their dream.
- Successful candidates will join a team of tax experts to render professional tax services to multinational companies and other strategic clients.
Your Role as an Associate
- Your role as an Associate will focus on applying Deloitte methodologies, tools, and understanding of technologies to plan, conduct, and manage engagements. In this role, you will also identify and apply relevant specialized professional, regulatory, technical, and industry standards. You will be required to display appropriate breadth and depth of experience and knowledge in a specialized service area for a given level.
Key Competencies Required
Core Professional & Technical Capabilities:
- Develops knowledge of current tax legislation across the Tax function
- Recognizes the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Collects, assimilates, and analyzes data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions for solving problems in the Tax business
- Applies technology knowledge to address client business challenges
- Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Must have graduated from a recognized University/Polytechnic in Nigeria or overseas with a minimum of second class upper/upper credit (or its equivalent) in any discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or accepted equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- Associate Membership of ICAN, ACCA, CITN would be an added advantage
- Must be 26 years or younger by December 2017
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply