Dreams Skills Placement Agency – Our client, a Logistics company based in Lagos State is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs Clearing Officer – Airfreight
- Facilitating the smooth clearing process of air import and export shipments and handling all shipment formalities
- Processing all government agencies permits and documentations.
- Review and file all customs documents; and follow up on Customs matters to resolve problems.
- Ensuring compliance with Customs rules and procedures
- Ensuring on-time delivery of shipments by meeting the airfreight shipments KPIs
- Maintain up-to-date customer records and customs compliance documentation
- Ensure all documents for clearing are available before the arrival of goods at the port.
- Obtain correct classification of goods for customs release from database, SOP’s, tariff book, internet or customs.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries and follow-up to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Ensure proper classification of imported goods and to process complex import transactions, including all related activities,
- Communicate changes in regulations, Customs, and other government agency procedures to clients.
- Alert clients to special areas of concern or to potential problems in the import process.
- Request and vet all required import documents from the supplier to ensure conformity with import regulations before departure.
- Train and advise team members in areas of Customs regulations, classification, and valuation.
- Collaborate with coworkers and other departments to ensure data integrity and compliance procedures are met
- 5-7 years’ experience in air freight clearing operations.
- Proven track record of success in previous employment
- Ability to manage business relationships
- Good understanding of Customs HS codes
- Good understanding of Clearance & Import/export requirements
- Ability to coordinate and multi task
- Knowledge of import operations, Customs brokerage, and entry writing procedures
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to use multiple systems and reference material
- Ability to interact with customers, carriers, brokers, government agencies, internal staff, management of all levels, internal departments
- Knowledge of customs regulations, harmonized tariff schedules preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2020.