Edgewood Consulting Limited – Our Client, a co-educational secondary institution, with focus on offering all round education through an integrated scheme of a mix of Nigeria and British curricula is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Proprietor/ MD
- The Principal will be the head of the academic team within the school and will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the school.
- He or She will coordinate staff schedules, oversee the development of curriculum and enforce school policies relating to themes like discipline or safety.
- The Principal also coordinates staff training days and works directly with students who need help meeting or setting goals. The Principal provide leadership, direction and co-ordination within the school.
- Research and develop new programs that improve teachers performance;
- Provide guidance to the school’s network of student leaders and challenge those leaders to make the school a better place by upholding the principles of the school
- Respond immediately to concerns from Parents and School’s board administrators
- Create a safe learning environment and set performance goals both for students and teachers and oversee the process so that those goals are attained.
- Supervise Vice Principals and keep track of Student performance.
- Uphold our educational policies and integrate the common core government guidelines into each class curriculum
- Create benchmark for student and teachers and track progress towards those goals
- Develop programs that improve teacher performance and assist students in understanding class materials better.
- Masters Degree in Education
- Professional qualification is required
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a principal or school leadership role.
- Commitment to creating a productive learning educational experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to lead highly dedicated teachers and support staff
- Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication
- Excellent presentation skills and strong executive presence
- Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork
- Willing to participate and engage in operations relating to training and development
- Excellent grasp over MS Excel and MS power point
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications to: [email protected] using “Principal” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 27th September, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.