EL-Lab limited, a double ISO 15189:2021 accredited laboratory located in the heart of Festac, is urgently in need of an X-ray technician. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Imaging / X-Ray Technician
Location: Festac Town, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Perform and process a range of radiographic examinations including X-rays, Spirometry,and ECG (routine and special investigations to obtain high-quality images.
- Prepare the patients for their procedure including explaining in full detail how the procedure works (and ways to manage possible side effects) and address any questions or concerns and providing them with necessary protective clothing or gear.
- Prepare high-quality films for onward transmission to the radiologist for interpretative reporting
- Ensure all x-ray and ECG reports are uploaded onto the LIS
- Take responsibility for radiation safety in the work area by keeping up to date in health and safety guidelines as well as ionizing radiation regulations, to protect yourself and others, including checking equipment for malfunctions and errors.
- Report incidents and near misses related to patients and staff safety in accordance with El-lab limited safety policy.
- Ensure that there is a chaperone present during special investigations
- Prevent all unnecessary persons from remaining in the area during x-ray exposure.
- Calibrate the equipment to ensure clear, usable images are taken of the correct area, as specified by the referring Doctor.
- Ensure the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment.
- Conserve compliance with the governmental protocols and ensuring the safety of patients and employees by using protective instruments and exercising safety measures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Medical Radiographer
- Interested candidates should possess an OND qualification with 1-3 years work experience.
Salary: N60,000 – N70,000 / month.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 18th May, 2021.