EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Ref Code: MCLR/PL/01/17
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Provide efficient support and ensure success of the overall procurement and logistics activities while providing efficient utilization of resources.
- Act as focal point for requisitions received for the procurement of goods and logistics services for the main office as well as project sites by issuing Pos after completion of the procurement circle following company policies.
- Ensure transparency and effective competition as well as best prices and best value for money in all procurement and logistics activities.
- Oversee the delivery of purchased goods, equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers and management of staff movement.
- Implement internal control of assets, inventory and property management.
- Identification of veritable suppliers.
- The successful candidate will have the responsibility of re-organizing and focusing the department for optimum standards of performance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc/HND in Quantity Surveying/Accounting/Business Administration/Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Ref Code: MCLR/AD/01/17
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Identifying and initiating contacts for business opportunities through research and market analysis
- Working closely with management in locating and following up on new business initiatives in the industry and private sectors of construction
- Screening potential business deals through analysis of market strategies, deal requirements, potentials and financial risks,
- Competition evaluation and monitoring
- Developing negotiating strategies and positions by evaluation of risks and potentials and estimating potential partners’ needs and goals
- Closing new business deals, developing and negotiating contracts, integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Networking and enhancing company’s reputation
- Developing and maintaining personal and professional networks and participating in professional organization
General Management & Operations:
- Take responsibility for delivering results on a day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter basis.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- To interact and engage with external parties in order to enhance the reputation of the company and facilitate the growth of the business.
- 5 years of sales/commercial/business development experience in relevant Industry.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable tertiary institution, technical discipline may be an advantage.
- Experience in customer exposure at executive level in construction or other industries.
- Experience of business unit management in a similar business.
- Results-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and “can do” attitude.
- Strong business leader, coach, and team player.
- Excellent people skill
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development.
- Extensive networking experience with proven track record in generating new opportunities resulting in successful closure.
- Have “hands-on” approach in the construction sector and be prepared to generate actionable partnership ideas.
- Good knowledge of customer economics, with ability to identify and develop new business solutions in construction.
Job Title: Accountant
Ref Code: MCLR/AC/02/17
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Plan, organize and execute professional-level accounting work in connection with the maintenance of financial records consistent with audit requirements; perform a wide variety of functions involved in the maintenance of financial records and other company services; perform reconciliations and produce special reports; and perform related work as required.
- Preparation of all financial reports for decision making.
- Responsible for income posting after liaising with the Directors using Quick book and other software
- Responsible for Chart of Account Maintenance:
- Ensuring that each project site generates financial activity report monthly for evaluation.
- Ensuring proper allocation of over head expenses on all project sites.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reports for all sites.
Responsible for cash advance retirement thereby ensuring:
- Proper usage of cash advance
- All advance monies are timely retired within the specified period according to the Company’s policy.
- All expenditure are properly authorized.
- All expenditure have the required back up papers to justify the expenses.
- Responsible for budget review, submission and defense with the Directors.
- Responsible for all account s/bank reconciliation
- Responsible for representing the Company on all financial reconciliation matters.
- Responsible for statutory returns rendition i.e. CIT, VAT, Pension and all insurance policies.
- Liaise with external Auditors, Tax offices, banks on all issues as directed by the Directors
- Responsible for designing accounting policies and procedures that enhance operational excellence and efficiency
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions whilst interacting with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years industry related experience
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, etc) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to demonstrate high level of professionalism, integrity and ethical values with financial and administrative reporting experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, and perform professional level budget and accounting duties; apply accounting and auditing principles and procedures in the work performed.
- Good understanding of financial practices and principles with excellent decision making and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt
Job Title: Project Engineer
Ref Code: MCLR/ENG/01/17
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Develop and implement project work plans and review as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify construction issues to be resolved through site surveys for potential locations.
- Conduct onsite visits and coordinate with construction crew and operations personnel continuously.
- Convey and supervise contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop, maintain and improve any business relationships vital to division success.
- Establish and manage relations with independent contractors, vendors and negotiates best possible rates for their products and services.
- Conduct quality control for work performed by independent contractors.
- Evaluate project and recommend report to identify issues and opportunities to improve performance going forward.
- Interact clearly, constructively and positively with all organizational departments to ensure projects are completed effectively and with minimal disruption to planned events.
- Participate actively as projects team member to improve department efficiency, reduce costs and assist in improvement of product through customer experiences.
- Encourage communication of information between departments.
- Supervise and stimulate procurement activities as required ensuring on time delivery of components and equipment.
- Develop and maintain relations with clients as required establishing correct interfaces and presenting professional image.
- Support cost saving development initiatives and delivery process improvements.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc in Civil Engineering (M.SC an added advantage)
- Not less than 7 years cognate experience
- Must be computer literate.
- Fluent in English
- Ability to interpret drawings and use survey instruments.
- Ability to undertake construction of high rise buildings, other civil engineering works with little or no supervision.
- Have good control of skilled and unskilled men.
- Ability to represent the company at project site meetings and other meetings.
- Must possess good project planning and execution techniques to monitor progress of work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th November, 2017.