Eta-Zuma Group is a company of 8 separate companies with exploration licenses covering diverse solid minerals like iron ore, gold, tantalite, coal, limestone/marble, etc. In April 2009, these eight companies were acquired by Energy and Metal Industries Limited to form the Eta-Zuma Group Limited. ETA-ZUMA Group is an indigenous conglomerate with interests in diverse strategic sectors of the economy. The acquisition was spurred by the economic reason to consolidate the diverse licenses into a balanced portfolio that will reduce risk and position the emerging company to exploit emerging market opportunities in a global commodities market that is on a rebound. The acquisition also included Eta-Zuma Group Limited – a key player in the emerging solid minerals industry of Nigeria. The acquisitions increased the size of the company more than five-fold. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Asset Accountant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare property tax returns
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations.
Competencies/ Requirements / Qualifications
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA or CMA) is required
- 5 – 7 years proven work experience in Asset management
- Should possess lease management skill
- Familiarity with accounting ERP software packages
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Must have analytical Skill
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 11th June, 2023.