GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Manager – OTR
Ref No: 3083915
Job Function: Legal
Business Segment: Power Steam Power
- The Contract Manager working under the operational direction of the Legal & Contract Management EU&A function has responsibility for assisting the Project teams on contractual and commercial matters relating to the administration and execution of projects in SSA and of the various contractual relationships related thereto including towards the customer, consortium or collaborative partners and vendors and may be requested to support tendering activities and contract negotiations.
During OTR Phase:
- Support the project execution start-up, including provision of a contract analysis to the project team and preparation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan.
- Responsibility for management and administration of assigned project contractual activities from Hand Over from ITO until all relevant contractual obligations are complete and all relevant contractual issues are resolved/settled.
- Identification of customer/consortium partner and any third party obligations and the implementation of the Project Commercial Execution Plan and Contract Commercial Plan, including the Project claim management strategy for the concerned projects.
- Ensuring that project filing systems, risk, events and claim registers are established, that contemporaneous records are correctly maintained and that contractual notifications and correspondence is issued correctly and on time.
- Working with Project planners/schedulers to ensure that the main contract schedule/programme correctly reflects and cross-references contract and project terminology and that subcontract schedules/programmes are maintained.
- Supporting the analysis and identification of project risks and opportunities including any potential impediments to, or possibilities to improve cash flow wherever possible.
- Managing contractual and commercial procedures such as change orders and variations, as well as claims to customers, consortium partners, subcontractors and suppliers and the coordination of the defence to any claims from such parties for the SSA Projects
- Managing relevant procedures relating to Project Insurances, including the compilation of data and evidence in support of the submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the Project insurance policies.
- Providing guidance and support to the Project team on general contractual issues and where necessary referring to specialist functions such as legal, corporate insurance, tax, finance etc.
- Providing guidance, leadership and support to the Project team in the negotiation of claims settlements with customers, suppliers and consortium partners and providing support as required to the project and legal teams in the event of actual or potential arbitral or litigation proceedings.
- Undertaking any other contractual/commercial tasks as instructed/requested by Project Manager/Director and/or Legal and Contract Management.
- Guide and/or supervise Lead Specialist and Specialist Contract Management professionals working on the Project team as may be required
- Help the continued development of the Contract Management discipline by leading and participating in broader initiatives across the function
During ITO Phase when required in cooperation with legal:
- Support ITO effort in finalising negotiations prior to contract signature
- Advise the ITO negotiating teams on “the best approach as to how to deal with such risks including lessons learned” from previous or similar projects.
- Technical or legal background with extensive experience in contract administration in project execution (preferably EPC projects)
- Strong knowledge in FIDIC and NEC contracts is a plus
- Experienced on SSA regional dynamics and industry practice
- Highly ethical and strong mentoring skills on compliance matters
- Site experience preferably on Power EPC or Oil & Gas
- Financial assertiveness.
- People management and development capability.
- Resilient and full conversable with site issues, managing site people and anticipated site needs.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Language skills: English minimum, French or Portuguese being a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply