Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager, Capital Market Matters
- The Nigerian Exchange needs a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, good people management skills, and the ability to manage the Capital Market Matters Unit of the Legal Services Department in order to provide advisory support services and manage and mitigate risk.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of The Nigerian Exchange Group of Companies’ policies, overall mission and strategy, as well as a strong legal background, including stellar academic credentials.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising in a qualitative manner legal documentation of all types, including simple and very complex contracts within agreed timeframes related to capital market issues and transactions;
- Providing enterprise-wide legal support on a myriad of capital market issues in a timely and qualitative manner;
- Providing legal opinions and advice as requested by other employees of The Nigerian Exchange Group of Companies and the Boards of the Nigerian Exchange Group of Companies in respect of capital market-related issues;
- Providing legal advisory services regarding capital market-related issues to the Boards, Board Committees of the Nigerian Exchange Group of Companies;
- Working with other business departments on legal issues involving capital market related matters;
- Resolving the legal capital market issues in line with the law, best practice and international standards;
- Attending meetings with third parties and stakeholders regarding legal issues involving the above stated matters;
- Minimizing the exposure of the Nigerian Exchange Group of Companies and its subsidiaries to legal liabilities;
- Ensuring compliance of the enterprise with all applicable laws, and providing sound legal advice on legal obligations and implications on the enterprise’s business conduct, transactions and policies;
- Ensuring cost effective service provision for all services provided by the Capital Market Matters Unit in accordance with SLAs;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Capital Market Matters Unit or the Head of the Department.
Person Specification & Required Qualification(s)
- LLB and LLM Degree in Law
- Track record of strong performance managing against deliverables attracting and maintaining new client relationships in industry or the financial sector;
- Minimum of 7 years’ Post-Bar experience within the legal function of a listed company, top-tier Capital Market or Financial Industry Operator;
- Strong understanding of Securities laws and CAMA and laws affecting the Capital Markets
- Demonstrate professional maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion in sensitive situations;
- Ability to generate trust and respect from staff and external stakeholders.
- Strong multitasking skills;
- Demonstrate professional maturity and poise; ability to employ perfect discretion in sensitive situations.
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “NGX Recruitment- Legal Manager, Capital Market Matters” as the subject of the email.