Geoplex is the fastest growing indigenous Service Company in Sub-Saharan Africa. Established in June 2002 to provide Oilfield Services to the fast-expanding Upstream Sector of the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the West Africa Coastal Region, Government policies aimed at encouraging and ensuring more participation by competent Nigerians in the upstream Oil & Gas Industry has contributed to our growth process. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant – ESW Business Unit
Location: Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm on weekdays
- There is an opening for a smart and vibrant individual with deep knowledge of Administration and Operations to serve as an Executive Assistant in a leading Oil & Gas and Power Service Industry.
- In this position, you will be given the unique opportunity to gain the knowledge and experience required for career growth.
- The Company is focused on providing Oilfield services to the upstream sector.
- This is a full employment position, and remuneration shall be based on qualifications and experience and subject to periodic performance-based review.
- The Executive Assistant must be aware of the organization’s aims and objectives and work to help the Business Head leadership in the Group to make the best use of their time by assisting in various projects as well as dealing with all localized logistic, secretarial, and administrative tasks.
- Use of Computer office packages, analytical, discretion, and confidentiality are essential attributes to be successful in this role.
- The candidate must be a focused, efficient, result-oriented individual with a strong leadership personality and communication skills.
- He/she must be able to multitask and simultaneously work on multiple engagements.
Requirements for consideration
- B.Sc / HND in any Engineering / Technical Related Course with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Degree
- 1 – 5 years working experience in a similar firm.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills
- Demonstration of ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, proactive, organized, and hardworking
- Possess good negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Good presentation and analytical skills
- Good multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Vehicle driving License (a plus).
- Not more than 30 years of age at the time of this advertisement
Core Responsibilities include:
- Organize meetings and ensure that the Business leadership is well prepared and represented for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings, notifications, and meeting papers.
- Manage the Business Head’s expense reporting and requests.
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers, teams, partners, etc.
- Manage arrangements for management meetings, including production/distribution of meeting agenda and all necessary paper works.
- Process the Business Head’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming mail is dealt with by the Business Head/or on behalf of the Business Head or other staff as appropriate.
- Screen calls inquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Sending reminders to all stakeholders on pending tasks/projects/updates.
- Filter emails/calls and ensure they are attended to per urgency/importance level.
- Ensure effective and smooth running of the Business Head’s office.
- Liaise with various departments to ensure work tools are provided and all equipment’s working.
- Reconciling monthly expenses.
- Maintain the Business Unit office systems, including data management and record-keeping.
- Maintain records of the Business Head’s contacts.
- Assist the Business Head in researching and following up with the action on matters which fall within the Business Head’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, and presentations for the Business Head.
- Carrying out research for projects as requested by the Business Head.
- Taking minutes at various management meetings and updating the same on the meeting record portal.
- Support the Procurement department with detailed analysis to support the BU leadership in making prompt and accurate purchase decisions.
- Support the BU leadership to conduct periodic audits on the various departments in the BU to ensure adherence to company policy and processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume and relevant certifications to: email@example.com using “Executive Assistant – ESW Business Unit” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 14th July, 2023.