George Houston Resources Limited – Our client, an Oil and Gas Company, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Oil and Gas Sector
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective transporting methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on vehicles
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material)
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
Qualifications / Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or any related Course.
- 3-5 years of proven experience as Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager or similar role
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Problem-solving abilities
- Age: 35-45 years.
- Must have vast Knowledge in Petroleum Haulage and Transportation
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience preparing and tracking orders
- Excellent organizational skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Transport Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 30th July, 2023.