German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA) is a not-for-profit, non-sectarian, international non-governmental organisation founded in 1957. It has its headquarters in Wuerzburg, Germany.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified and experienced person, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Accountant
- Support state programmes in financial management and reporting.
- Develop and prepare accurate and timely financial reports and prepare ad hoc reports as needed for budgeting and planning purposes.
- Prepare monthly budget controls and assist in the preparation of biannual progress reports to headquarters.
- Work closely with state teams and support other staff including mentoring them for effective operation of project activities.
- Ensure financial records are readily available for internal/external reviewers and follow-up on internal/external audit findings.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and ensure that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered into the accounting systems.
- Perform other related tasks to be assigned by the Finance Officer.
- A minimum of HND/BSc in Accounting or Finance
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Minimum of three years of relevant working experience, preferably with an NGO
- Fully computer literate, excellent knowledge of MS Excel required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Abilities for teamwork and initiative
- Competence in modern training skills and)or ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Associate member of Institute of chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) will be an added advantage.
- The post requires occasional travel in country.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and motivation letter to: [email protected]
- Only Candidates under Consideration will be contacted
- The interview will include a written test
Application Deadline 10th October, 2017.