GFA Consulting Group, based in Hamburg, Germany, is one of the leading European consulting firms active in the development cooperation sector. GFA has a sound track record of providing effective solutions to the challenges in the global consulting market. Since 1982 we have implemented complex studies and projects worldwide. We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Expert on MRV and Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Inventory
Job code: REC-NGA19EU0237
Project Status: Tender
Project Title: Nigeria Climate Change Response
Period of project: 01.08.2019 – 31.07.2023
Duration of Assignment: 48 months
- The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
- The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favour of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions
- This will be mainly achieved through the creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline.
The project will focus on three result areas:
- The MRV framework is established
- Climate change knowledge is disseminated and increased.
- Waste sectoral baseline and related sectoral emission profile are settled at Federal level and at State level. (e.g. Kano State and Ogun State)
- Waste management procedures as per international best practices are shared, known and used.
- S/he will ensure high quality of the GHG inventory and facilitate a smooth and timely implementation of the programme.
- The Senior Expert will be a position of at least 800 working days over the 48 months contract duration. 100% of these working days should be spent in Nigeria.
- HEAT International, a daughter Company of GFA Consulting Group, as member of a consortium is now looking for the Key Expert 2 – a Senior expert on MRV and Greenhouse gases (GHG) inventory, one of the four Key Experts of the project:
- The proposed Senior Expert on MRV and GHG inventory, with his/her profound expertise, will contribute essentially to the programme, notable on the establishment of the GHG inventory
Qualifications and Skills
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries or regional or local governments, with communication skills that foster cooperation and partnership building.
- As a minimum high quality analytical and document drafting skills, which can be demonstrated by reference to a recent (the previous 3 years) report that he/she has authored.
- As a minimum, a relevant University Degree, preferably with an M.Sc, or equivalent, in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or Economics or other related fields.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- As a minimum, relevant GHG inventory experience with a good overview of the UNFCCC reporting and review process and/or general IPCC inventory guidance and/or Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR)/ reporting requirements.
General Professional Experience:
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide project references in the last 8 years related to the climate change action under the UNFCCC process to which they participated.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
Specific Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on greenhouse gas monitoring and reporting, compilation and reviewing of national GHG inventory reports, as well as maintaining and managing GHG inventories.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated working experience in working on MRV topics (i.e. domestic and/or international ones).
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in implementation and/or enforcement related to a range of topics of the international climate change negotiation process and similar.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to “Regine Reuter” by mail to: [email protected]
Click here for more Information
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2019.