GSM Systems provides services and support to deliver the highest return on our partners’ network assets, by providing optimal visibility, quality and availability throughout the technology life cycle. These maintenance services and SaaS tools ensure assets are tracked, maintained and allocated for maximum customer return.
Since its founding in 2003 the firm has built partnerships with industry leading equipment vendors and carriers in 70+ countries to reduce costs and drive efficiency in network maintenance and expansion. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Remote
- Network Admin: maintain network infrastructure such as routers, switches, and able to diagnose problems on network-attached systems
- Security Admin role: experienced in Windows Server environments with multiple domain names, active directory sites and locations, replication between DC and familiar with issue related to this
- Desktop role : Web Admin role : experienced in maintain webservers such as Apache or IIS, regulating access from external and internal, managing sites, security and other web components.
- Technical Support: experienced in managing user support tickets on Gsuite, Windows environment, Sharepoint, servers, switches, storage (familiar with RAID), cabling rules (LAN or WAN), etc.
- Security & Switching
- Firewalls, switching/router equipment
- Bare metal and PaaS Server installation
- AWS knowledge required
- Google Gsuite
- Qlik / Business Intelligence
- (server) Virtulisation
- SSO Single Sign-on and user-rights management
- Database management
- (Performance) Monitoring tools
- Dynamics AX 2012 ERP
Admin and Planning:
- Review and Update of IT security, policies and onboard / offboard process
- Security Audits (pen-testing)
- Access management operating framework and procedures
- Preventative Database Maintenance
- Planning and budgeting for dept or functional area
- Please share a copy of your certifications (indicate if expired)
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English (Fluent)
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field such as Database, Network and IT security admin role are required for this position.
- Gsuite Implementation and administration experience
- Required Skill(s): SQL Server, LAN, WAN, WEB, Sharepoint, RAID, Microsoft Office
- Preferably Manager/Assistant Manager specialized in IT/Computer Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent.
- Successful project management roles at similar sized business / division (100-200+ users).
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics AX 2012 preferred and experience implementing ERP and WMS systems a plus.
- Experience managing employees and working within a budget.
- Strong vendor evaluation and management abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of documentation policies, procedures, and systems of internal control.
- Root Cause Analysis, prevention, planning, Policies improvement
- Fast learner, motivated to grow, engage and promote efficiency / productivity tools
- Stimulated by intellectual and practical challenges and debate.
- Engaged in latest business tools and technologies
- Strong motivation to be a part of a growing business with potential for career growth, international projects and new challenges in the future.
- Excellent leader, can effectively leverage team; leads by example, including being very hands-on.
- Database Administration: experienced in maintaining database on SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL )
- Strong communication skills, especially written and via email.
- Mature, self-motivated and personable.
- Extremely organized, sensitive to deadlines and accessible based on business needs.
Personality and Cultural Success Factors:
- Easy to do business with. Consistently have the proper mood and an accepting attitude. Flexible, adaptable, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Easy to delegate to.
- Ability to work in lean work environment and be hands-on involved in all areas of responsibility as the company evolves – GSM Systems cherishes doers.
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize time.
- Lives technology. Incorporates technology into the fabric of his/her life.
- The ability to quickly, instinctively, and immediately solve problems without sacrificing technical accuracy. In this process a key skill is to self edit sub-consciously to sift out irrelevant and peripheral material and to focus on what counts.
- High energy level to cope with frequent change and the stamina to work hard.
- Inspires, energizes, and excites others with a clear vision of how things can be done better.
- Member of the digital thumb tribe – is always networked and connected.
- The desire and the ability to continuously process significant feedback from any source and to rapidly convert this learning into action.
- Strong communicator – can easily put thoughts into words. Good conversationalist and presenter.
- Harnesses individual and group strengths to raise performance levels from good to great.
- As a member of the leadership team, the IT Systems Administrator will have an opportunity to have a significant impact on the company.
- This position offers a broad role and complex challenges for an IT manager with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Over time, the candidate will be given increasing autonomy in directing day-to-day IT operations and will be relied on heavily to provide the information necessary to keep the marketing and operations functions focused and running smoothly.
- The IT Systems Administrator reports to Group Software Lead.
- The total compensation package is competitive and designed to attract highly talented IT Systems Administrator candidates.
- An attractive medical and dental benefits insurance program is provided to all GSM Systems employees.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.