We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Business (TBB). A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is an effective & flexible field sales force demonstrating industry leadership in both volume driving & brand building activity. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do, and through this, will deliver sustained, mutual growth for our brands, categories, customers and partners. Will you partner with us on this journey?
We seeks application from qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Sales Programme
How our programme works
- Our programme is a three year adventure with Diageo during which you’ll find yourself challenged and inspired to reach your full potential.
- You’ll be introduced to many of our Diageo leaders in different countries so you can see the differences – and the similarities – in how we operate around the world.
- Working for a company of our size brings with it an enormous diversity of people and opportunities. Plus, if you want it, there may even be an opportunity to live and work abroad so you can experience first-hand what it’s like to live and work in another country.
Who we are and what we offer!
- We want you to jump straight in to your new role, ready to take the bull by the horns. We’ll introduce you to the reality of the business world from day one, you’ll have real responsibilities and an immediate opportunity to be part of our business success.
- We want you to act like an owner of Diageo, always looking to seize an opportunity. You’ll demonstrate an aspiration to progress as well a willingness to challenge the status quo in pursuit of performance.
- Throughout the programme, you’ll demonstrate your judgement, drive and influence in all that you do.
- You will interact with senior leaders and other graduates across the world to inspire you and help you develop.
- Best of all, we promise to give you the freedom to showcase your ideas and initiatives and give you the room to grow.
- You will bring your passion, individuality and creativity, and seek opportunities to drive business growth through team work.
- We were built by people of extraordinary character like Arthur Guinness, Alexander Walker and Charles Tanqueray. You will stand on the shoulders of these giants and like them, you’ll have a chance to leave a legacy.
The Sales Graduate Programme
- Our customers are at the heart of everything we do in Sales. Being part of the Sales team means working directly with customers, and it’s a team where your efforts can really add value and directly impact our business performance.
- You will benefit from hands-on field sales experience, and will be given the opportunity to sell some of the most iconic brands in the world, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Guinness and Baileys.
- Working in Sales means you’ll be immersed in our sales processes. You’ll spend time building relationships with Diageo partners and working with customers to maximise sales.
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring our brands are successfully promoted, readily available and well presented to anyone who wants to buy them. It’s challenging, it’s diverse and it’s exciting.
- Over the three years, you’ll have an opportunity to excel in three broad but exciting areas across our different Sales departments – experiencing everything from Field Sales to Account Management.
- You’ll be exposed to the real business world, selling and discovering all you need to know about our brands, our competitors, the market and customers.
The key Ingredients We Want You to Have
- We’re looking for Graduates who not only have the capability to succeed in our organisation today but also have the potential to be our leaders of tomorrow. It’s important that you share our Values.
- We are looking for someone who is committed to the role and Diageo from day one. Full of energy, enthusiasm and optimism in everything you do.
Our Requirements and Recruitment Process
In addition to the behaviours we’ve outlined above we have a few basic requirements for entry:
- A minimum Bachelor 2.1 academic degree or upper credit HND
- Fluency in English
- Excellent numerical & analytical ability
- Right to work in your market of application
- A valid driver’s license
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: You may be based in any of our geographic regions and we therefore require you to be mobile and willing to potentially relocate for the role.