Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – As part of water sector reform initiatives to guarantee sustainable access to basic sanitation and basic water supply in Port Harcourt city, our clients are implementing the first phase of the Port-Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project with support from the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the World Bank (WB). Our client, therefore identified the immediate need to recruit competent candidate to fill the position:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Port Harcourt
- To ensure effective management and utilization of the company’s resources to achieve set goals and objectives.
Project Manager will:
- Develop and set up a project management and administrative system.
- Ensure the timely implementation of the institutional and capacity building components of the project.
- Ensure effective planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of and reporting on project activities.
- Organise and conduct project management meetings including support for preparations for and participation at the Project Steering Committee meetings.
- Coordinate, collate and carry out quality assurance of all reports prepared by the project team.
- Liaise with the company‘s senior management to ensure its active involvement in the project.
- Coordinate and fully participate in the activities of supervision missions by donors.
- With the assistance and guidance of the procurement specialist, take full responsibility for procurement of goods, works and services.
- As needed, coordinate the recruitment and ensure effective supervision of PIU staff, short-term specialists and other service providers.
- Harmonize the implementation of the sub-projects supported by African Development Bank (ADB) and World Bank (WB).
- Undertake any other responsibility that will ensure smooth and effective implementation of the Project.
Job Specific Competencies/Skills
- At least a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field in water and sanitation is required. A post-graduate degree in Civil Engineering/ Project Management will be an advantage.
- Experience with donor funded projects is a requirement and experience with ADB or WB an advantage.
- Preference will be given to candidates from Rivers.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience.
- Computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- At least five years of recent post-qualification experience in managing engineering infrastructure projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly make the subject of the mail the job title.
Application Deadline 15th June, 2016.