Ibis is an international hotel company owned by AccorHotels, a hotel holding company. AccorHotels is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. Ibis opened its first hotel in 1974. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports, beaches or railway stations. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician / Electrician
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respects guests’ privacy and works without disturbing them
- Actively contributes to guests’ comfort
Professional Techniques / Production:
- Carries out occasional repair work as required
- Performs preventive maintenance of chillers, indoor units and other cooling equipment as communicated by the Technical Manager
- Takes record of daily or hourly parameters status of HVAC and other equipment
- Ensures all chillers are at maximum efficiency
- Cleans evaporators and condenser coil regularly
- Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other materials used for water distribution and waste water disposed in the building
- Performs preventive maintenance of electrical appliances as communicated by the Technical Manager
- Ensures all lightings are at operational mode
- Ensures daily or hourly recording of equipment status value.
- Communicates and cooperates with own department and all the other departments.
Management and Administration:
- Helps optimize energy consumption
Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment:
- Respects Accor’s Legionnaires’ disease directive
- Applies the hotel’s security regulations (in case of fire etc.)
- Respects the hotel’s commitments to the “Environment Charter” (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc.)
- Actively contributes to the safety of people and property (ensuring safety exits remain clear of obstruction etc.).
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Electrical Engineering or any other engineering course
- Minimum of SSCE / GCE / NECO or any relevant degree
- Trainings and certifications in engineering or maintenance management
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a HVAC Technician in a reputable hotel or organization
- Extensive knowledge of chillers and cooling equipment
- Ability to work well and without supervision
- Ability to work over extensive time periods
- Ability to respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
The position comes with attractive remuneration and company benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- Only applicants that meet the above criteria would be contacted.
- Hotel experience is very compulsory.