iDPC is a leading consulting firm that provides expert advice and support to clients in the construction industry, both for Government and Private Sector. We assist clients in making informed decisions and achieving successful outcomes for their construction projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
Sector I Projects:
- Yola Zone: Yola North, Yola South, and Girei Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Numan Zone: Numan, Mayo Belwa, and Ganye LGAs.
- Guyuk Zone: Guyuk and Shelleng LGAs.
Sector II Projects:
- Gombi Zone: Gombi and Hong LGAs.
- Mubi Zone: Mubi North, Mubi South, and Maiha LGAs.
- Michika Zone: Michika and Madagali LGAs.
- To provide integrated Civil Engineering Services for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of infrastructure projects, in line with the directives, policies, and procedures of the Company and best practices of the profession.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating detailed designs and plans for infrastructure projects. This involves evaluating project requirements, conducting feasibility studies, and considering factors such as structural integrity, safety, and environmental impact.
- Conduct site visits and investigations to gather data and assess the suitability of the location for construction.
- Analyse soil conditions, topography, and other site-specific factors that may impact the design and construction process.
- Estimate project costs, prepare cost-benefit analyses, and ensure that resources are efficiently utilized throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with regulatory authorities and obtain the necessary permits, licenses, and approvals required for construction projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and national regulations and codes.
- Oversee construction activities to ensure that they are carried out according to plans, specifications, and safety standards.
- Monitor progress, resolve any issues that arise, and make adjustments as necessary to keep the project on track.
- Perform regular inspections and quality control checks to ensure that construction work meets the required standards.
- Conduct tests on materials, ensure proper installation of systems and ensure that the final product meets the desired quality.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including architects, contractors, government officials, and clients.
- Communicate project requirements, coordinate activities, and ensure that everyone is aligned and working towards the project’s goals.
- Prioritize safety during the construction process. Identify potential hazards, implement safety measures, and ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with safety regulations.
- Monitoring the performance of completed projects and addressing any maintenance or repair needs.
- Ensure that infrastructure remains functional and safe for its intended use.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum: Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years’ progressive experience in Civil Engineering
- Previous experience in similar role will be an added advantage
- Professional certification will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical Knowledge & Expertise in construction
- Design and Drafting Skills
- Problem-solving Abilities
- Construction project management
- Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of Codes and Regulations
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Ethical and Professional Conduct.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2023.
Note: If you are proactive, detail-oriented, and passionate about construction and project management, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.