IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Power Uplift Optimization Manager
Reports to: Special Projects Head
- To oversee power installation projects to ensure completion within time scope and quality specifications.
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate power uplift optimization strategies to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements accordingly to realize each for the stakeholder
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Provide mentoring to all subordinates.
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication.
- Ensure all teams are practicing the principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility.
- Constantly monitor and proactively proffer power uplift optimization strategies to be implemented on sites where new power solutions have been deployed.
- Notify vendor to mobilize resources for the resolution of new solution power equipment issues on respective.
- Drive and monitor training of Field Service Engineers (FSEs); nominate Field Support Engineers (FSE) of affected sites based on predefined criteria related to site performance and in line with provisions of the contract signed between IHS and the vendor regarding training.
- Obtain notification from vendor on training conducted. Ensure training is administered and value derived by IHS.
- Ensure Spare parts required for smooth operations and maintenance is continuously available while promoting physical regional warehouse visit for physical count and verification
- Review signed off OCL for correctness of all parameters against OCL Checklist.
- Continuously verify optimization opportunities on sites where new power solutions have been deployed.
- Inform vendors to fix issues identified either via email or weekly meetings.
- Ensure OCL is transferred to the PMO data entry officer for archiving
- Maintain up-to-date Optimization Tracker and any other tracker assigned
- Coordinate and facilitate power uplift optimization project objectives.
- Ensure that power uplift projects that have passed PAC are running without hitches and where hitches exist, ensure they issues are timely resolved.
- Conduct regular status meetings with stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to relevant stakeholder as at when due.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer goals.
- Monitor the process of notification or escalation is in place to report on both underspend and potential overspend with appropriate approvals sought for either situation.
- Track and monitor benefits realization against planned targets.
- Promote communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and to curb any problems that arise
- Write and submit reports to the Deployment Head in all matters relating to the Deployment Unit in PMO
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Performs other appropriate duties as requested by Deployment Head.
Education and Experience
- 1st degree in Telecommunication Engineering or related discipline
- Professional certifications such as PMP and PRINCE2 would be advantageous
- Upwards of 10 years related experience in the Telecommunications Industry
- Project Management
- Capital Optimization
- Program Management
- Logistics Management
- Contracts Management
- Power Systems
- Business Planning
- Financial Acumen
Application Closing Date
13th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.