iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes.
iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Assistant – Nigeria INGO Forum
Job Type: Full Time
With challenges around the duplication of efforts and recognizing the urgent need for effective coordination in the delivery of aid in north-east Nigeria, Nigeria INGO Forum (NIF) was born in October 2014. NIF was established in 2014 to facilitate the coordination and cooperation of humanitarian and development INGOs and between INGOs and external stakeholders including Government of Nigeria, Nigerian civil society, UN agencies, diplomatic actors, and donors.
iMMAP program in Nigeria started late 2016 and was designed to support the response to the ongoing crisis in the Northeast of the country, by strengthening the information management (IM) capacity of the responders within the different humanitarian sectors. The target beneficiaries of this program are the humanitarian partners (who are all sectors members) and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs [UNOCHA] in its mandated inter-cluster coordination role. As of October 2020, the Nigeria INGO Forum is now hosted by iMMAP.
Description of Duties
- Maintain procurement, financial, and administrative systems which comply with iMMAP’s requirements but which are also fit-for-purpose and appropriate for INGO Forum.
- Plan and organize all required meetings and events with internal departments as well as external contacts to communicate accurate and up-to-date information as and when required.
- Manage the logistics of meetings, take minutes of meetings and disseminate in a timely manner.
- Provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to project teams who may not work from one office.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming in all areas of programme planning and delivery in – Designing Training module and Networking.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Work with the communications officer to ensure regular contact with the media and support with the design and publication of information products, visibility items and social media packs.
- Support the regular update of INGO Forum website and social media platforms and support in compilation of articles and contents for weekly update, newsletter as well as other information products.
- Conduct research and information gathering on localisation efforts and humanitarian situation to support the development of press statements, communique, advocacy products, etc.
- Maintain an up to date INGO Forum Calendar of key dates and events, contact lists, correspondents and other documents on NIF online collaboration platform and other filing platforms
- Responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements for NIF guests and staff by liaising with iMMAP’s security and operations team
- Assist in organizing all logistics trainings, meetings, workshops, events and other INGO Forum activities and taking minutes of these events.
- Support the project team to ensure registration and documentation of partners.
- Assist management team in the administration and analysis of partner self-assessment baseline assessment against the humanitarian capacity framework and identify the gaps
- Support the development of training programme and tool kit for L/NNGOs in line with best practices in the development, private sector, and humanitarian context.
- Bsc or equivalent in business, accounting, finance & administration, management, or other relevant field.
- With at least two (2) years or work experience in Administration field.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Excellent organizational skills, including proven ability in administration, financial and logistics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with good command in English required, including documenting learning, report development, writing and editing.
- Ability to work independently while under pressure and during long hours.
- Excellent work habits with a willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent computer skills in the Windows and Microsoft Office especially MS Excel and MS Access.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2020.