Intercommunity Development Social Organization (IDS) is a voluntary non-governmental organization with a mission to facilitate sustainable development program to improve on the living conditions of vulnerable women, youths, children and other minority groups in the society through peace building, socio-economic empowerment, Education, Health and promotion of democracy, justice and equity in Nigerian. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
Location: Damboa, Borno
Duration: 4 months
- The Livelihood Officer is responsible for assisting Project Program Manager, project partners and communities in planning, implementation and monitoring of key project activities in close coordination with different stakeholders and service providers.
- Identify, prioritize and support communities to implement potential livelihood strategies that are less sensitive to existing and potential hazards and resilient to disasters.
- Design, develop and provide necessary training for target communities to develop skills and capacities for disaster resilient livelihood strategies and viable options for income.
- Prepare plans for effective execution of the project activities related to livelihood approaches to disaster resilience as stipulated in the project document which includes but not limited to skills, practices and capacities to manage resources and skills particularly of poor and vulnerable and institutional strengthening to increase their salience of the target communities to different hazards and victimization.
- Assist Project Coordinator, other project staff and project partners to break-down and elaborate the project strategies if and when necessary to integrate into development and disaster risk reduction to increase the resilience of the communities.
- Assist Project Coordinator and project partners to establish close coordination and cooperation with district line agencies and authorities, between local project partners, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders at project level for effective delivery of project activities and policy influence at local level.
Key Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree /HND in Business Administration and Management, Banking & Finance or other related fields.
- In-depth understanding of urban poverty and vulnerability issues in North east Nigeria.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience in livelihood with centered approaches on poverty and vulnerability reduction, family business scheme, micro enterprises and fund management.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities in relevant field in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to compose, edit, analyse and report program progress using complex information.
- Excellent computer skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters with a detailed Resume as one document in Word or PDF to: [email protected] indicating the position applied for as the subject of the application e.g. “Livelihood Officer”.
Application Deadline: 24th May 2019.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- All applicants will be subject to IDS Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.