Chrysalis Youth Foundation is registered under the laws of Nigeria as a not for profit Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to carrying out activities to promote youth development in Nigeria. It is licensed by the London-based Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation to implement the Award in Nigeria under the approved name The International Award for Young People Nigeria.
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (“The Award”) is the world’s leading youth achievement award for young people. It is available to all those between the ages of 14-24, irrespective of their circumstances and background and it represents a critical complement to classroom education that brings together practical experiences and life skills to help equip young people to succeed in life. Apart from enriching their lives and boosting their qualifications, the Award enrols them in a prestigious global alumni association.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
The Admin Assistant will have the responsibility for the following key areas:
- Production of management information and the offering of counsel and direction to staff.
- Devising ways of tracking improvements in the organization.
- Monitoring actual performance and comparing it with the organization’s target.
- Maximizing proficiency in working on all aspects of the financing and the strategic planning for the support of the organization.
- Coordinating market surveys for the effective planning of the business, and its viability, as well as its chances for survival in the competitive market place.
- Developing methods of dealing with the challenges faced with in the course of carrying out daily activities.
- Prepare budget, support auditing process, training, and the coordination of projects.
- Correspond with employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of company developments.
- Create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity.
- Communicate with the media and other interested parties to announce new events and discuss organizational changes in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the company.
- Overall day to day office management.
- Organize, maintain and tidy the office area and equipment.
- General administrative support including preparing letters, sending out letters and documents, receive and sort mail and deliveries, schedule appointments.
- Organize meetings for the staff team, volunteers, trustees and training.
- Help to support operations team when needed
- Ensure staff salaries, pension and tax returns are prepared and filed correctly and on time.
- Maintaining contact with vendors and establishing a good relationship with them for the progress of the business.
- Handling the management of all financial elements of the organization, which includes petty cash, expenses, income & expenditure records, process all payments through cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- A Degree from a qualified tertiary institution (B.Sc/HND) in Accounting, Business Administration or other closely related field.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Customer Service, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Familiarity with different management techniques.
- Computer use competency (MS-Office Suite)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]