The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nursing Officer
Ref. No: IITA/P&C/NRS2023-028
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job type: Full time
- Checking of vital signs, e.g. Temperature, Pulse Respiration and blood pressure; etc)
- Perform wound dressing on routine and emergency basis.
- Assist in updating of yellow cards to those who are travelling outside the country.
- Assist in the collection of vaccines from State regulatory authorities.
- Carry out cleaning, autoclave and storage of instruments used in nursing care.
- Replenish the clinic emergency box and resuscitation trolley as need arises.
- Carry out costing and billing for drugs and other services.
- Facilitate health education to all categories of staff.
- Conduct eye lavage, ear syringing and giving of injections.
- Setting up of intravenous infusion as the need arises.
- Conduct immunization of mothers and babies.
- Conduct simple eye testing using Snellen’s chart.
- Provide clinical consultations for simple clinical cases whenever the need arises (especially after normal hours).
- Register patients’ attendance every day.
- Assist in the management of very ill patients.
- Perform any other duties as may be necessitated by the absence of any other member of the health team.
- B.Sc in Nursing and Registered Midwife Certificate with any two (2) of the following:
- Diploma in Public/Occupational Health Nursing.
- Family Planning Certificate.
- Accident & Emergency Nursing Diploma.
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Theatre Techniques.
- Post Basic Nursing Certificate in Pediatric Nursing.
- Diploma in Health Education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Accident and emergency unit.
- Outpatient department and medical wards.
- Family Planning Unit/Family Health Unit.
- Maternal & Child Health Unit.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure
- Be able to carry out basic laboratory procedures such as rapid malaria test, urinalysis, and blood sugar using a glucometer.
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Deadline: 7th July, 2023.