The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Field Officer/Assistant to Head of Sub Delegation
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Assists the Head of Sub delegation in various tasks related to administration
- Assists the Head of Sub Delegation and Head of Office in BIU and Mubi in the analysis of the political, security, socio-cultural and religious context and dynamics within the AoR and beyond (identification of regional dynamics that could impact on Yola AoR)
- Supports the Head of Sub Delegation in field trips as Field Officer, conducts interpretation if necessary
- Security management: analysis of the variety of factors impacting on ICRC security and operations
- Networking with key security interlocutors relevant for ICRC activities in Adamawa and South Borno
- University Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science or other related field
- Very good written and oral command of English and Hausa
- Advanced ability to use electronic office equipment and applications (word processing, spread sheets, presentations, electronic communication, internet, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in Security Management, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Minimum of 1 year professional experience in Administration: report writing, minute taking etc.
- Knowledge of the mission, mandate, work and operations of the ICRC
- Existing network with key players in the security services/authorities or ability establish such networks
- Good analytical skills, and thorough knowledge of the political, security and social dynamics of ICRC Yola Sub- Delegation AoR (i.e. Adamawa and south Borno) but also regional perspective
- Good communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with a humanitarian organisation or NGO/CSO, preferably in a similar post
- Training/qualification in security management
- Working experience in security services
- Excellent knowledge of the political, security&socio-cultural/religious dynamics in Adamawa and South Borno
- Multi-tasking, Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- Sensitivity and empathy to work with beneficiaries of the ICRC (victims of conflict/violence)
- Flexibility to work long hours and/or during weekends
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Leadership skills and good team spirit
- Able to cope with stressful situations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Please clearly indicate “Security Field Officer Yola” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 7th July, 2017.