IROKO works to combat inequality by supporting victims of trafficking and sexual exploitation to establish independent and dignified lives and by campaigning for the abolition of the sex industry in order to prevent such exploitation and indignity in the future. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Benin City, Edo
Job type: Full-time
About the Job
- The Program Officer at Iroko Charity Organization will play a crucial role in supporting the organization’s efforts to combat trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- This position involves working closely with identified and presumed victims of trafficking, providing essential services and support to help them establish independent lives in their chosen location.
- The Program Officer will be responsible for coordinating and implementing various programs and initiatives aimed at empowering victims and facilitating their transition to a dignified alternative to prostitution.
- This role requires strong interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, and a deep commitment to promoting human rights.
Program Development and Implementation:
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement programs and initiatives that support victims of trafficking and sexual exploitation.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify the specific needs of the target population and tailor programs accordingly.
- Develop program plans, including objectives, activities, timelines, and evaluation mechanisms.
- Ensure program activities are aligned with organizational goals and meet the needs of the beneficiaries.
Case Management and Support:
- Provide direct support and case management services to identified and presumed victims of trafficking.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of client’s needs and develop individualized service plans.
- Assist clients in accessing essential services such as shelter, legal aid, medical care, vocational training, and psychosocial support.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the progress of clients, ensuring they receive appropriate support throughout their journey to independence.
- Maintain accurate and confidential client records, adhering to data protection and privacy regulations.
Advocacy and Outreach:
- Engage in advocacy efforts to raise awareness about trafficking and sexual exploitation, both within the organization and in the wider community.
- Collaborate with local stakeholders, government agencies, and NGOs to strengthen partnerships and support collective efforts in combating trafficking.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and relevant forums, sharing expertise and promoting best practices in victim support.
- Conduct community outreach programs to educate and empower at-risk individuals, fostering prevention and early intervention.
Training and Capacity Building:
- Develop and deliver training programs for staff, volunteers, and other relevant stakeholders on issues related to trafficking and victim support.
- Provide guidance and support to staff and volunteers involved in direct service provision.
- Stay updated on the latest research, trends, and best practices in the field of human trafficking and sexual exploitation, incorporating this knowledge into program design and implementation.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Prepare accurate and timely reports on program activities, outcomes, and challenges.
- Maintain detailed records of program expenditures and ensure proper financial documentation.
- Collaborate with the monitoring and evaluation team to collect and analyze data, using findings to inform program improvements and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Social Work, International Development, Human Rights).
- Proven experience in working with victims of trafficking, sexual exploitation, or related fields.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (additional languages are an advantage).
- Experience in program development, implementation, and evaluation is preferred.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques is desirable.
- Familiarity with community outreach and advocacy is a plus.
- Familiarity with the legal and policy frameworks related to trafficking and victim support.
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by victims of trafficking and their specific needs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- High level of empathy, sensitivity, and respect for cultural diversity.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role.
- It is not exhaustive and may be subject to change or modification based on the organization’s needs and priorities.