Jaiz Bank is Nigeria’s pioneer non-interest bank. We are a national bank and a quoted public company owned by over 26,000 shareholders spread over the six geo-political zones of Nigeria. The Bank’s balance sheet has grown from N12 billion in 2012 to about N68 billion as at end of year 2016, with asset financing of over N30 billion. Our customer base has grown to over 230, 000 cutting across all strata of the society. Our product offerings have grown substantially, ranging from friendly retail to commercial and corporate products. We have also grown our branch network from 3 branches in 2012 to 30 branches, spread across the country. We are building more branches to satisfy the yearnings of millions of people who are desirous of this model of banking. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
- The job holder is responsible for smoothly running day-to-day IT operations and managing IT staff and Vendors.
- The job holder shall develop and drive the implementation of the IT strategy; lead and manage all technology investments; determine the budget and execute agreed plans, and lead the design and implementation of new technology as determined by business requirements.
- Engage with business heads to assist the various departments with achieving their goals through the innovative application of technology
- Develop IT strategies in partnership with business
- Planning for achievement of strategic objectives; manage the execution and evaluation of results
- Architect the IT infrastructure and lead the implementation of changes
- Implement and execute proactive maintenance, monitoring and support processes to provide a stable and reliable IT platform to the business.
- Draw up the IT budget in consultation with all business divisions and manage implementation.
- Keep up to date with trends and new technologies on both line of business and general IT requirements.
- Project management: develop scope, determine schedules, manage expenses and coordinate resources necessary for successful completion.
- Identification of all IT policies required for the business and development thereof
- Ensure compliance with all forms of IT licensing agreements
- Evaluate business risk status and ensure suitable mitigation strategies are in place and functional – this includes Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and implementation Provide incident support within SLA to the users of all ICT systems
- Ensure security of the entire IT system and integrity of all company data.
- Manage third-party vendors and suppliers
- Lead and manage the IT department and its activities
- Professional development of IT staff; manage performance
- Maintain sufficient level of technical expertise to troubleshoot IT issues and effectively manage IT staff and external experts as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
- First Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational Sciences with a strong Information Systems component.
- A Master’s Degree in any of these disciplines and/or technical certifications are required
- Project Management and IT Service Management Certifications will be of advantage.
- 15 years of leadership experience managing and/or directing large IT operational teams
- Corporate governance of IT (GOVN L5)
- Solutions architecture (ARCH L6)
- IT management (ITMG L6)
- Capacity management (CPMG L6)
- Service level management (SLMO L6)
- Proven experience in ERP and Business Intelligence
- Technical experience designing, installing and supporting Microsoft Windows Server networks, using AD, Exchange and SQL server applications
- Technical experience in networking, telecommunications (including PABX) and wide area network design.
- Technical experience with virtualization technologies Hyper-V and VMWare
- ITIL service principles and how to apply in an SME scenario
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, while paying strict attention to detail
- Good people skills; ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Obsessed about client service and satisfaction
- Flexible: able to adjust easily to rapid change, a strong sense of urgency, and ability to work well under pressure
- Technical problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online